What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » General Help with Interfaces

General Help with Interfaces
Author: Message:
Crazed

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. General Help with Interfaces
Hey all,

I'm relatively new to Plus scripting and totally new to the Win32 API (but not JavaScript or programming in general) and I was wondering if anyone could offer me a little direction.

I'm not asking for a complete solution, but I'm having a few problems conceptualizing and designing a window (and more specifically, what goes into it). I've read the documentation for creating scripts, but I find its information on the interface files to be, while informative, not very friendly.

The situation is a script that needs to dynamically create N number of rows (set by another XML file, but that's irrelevant to this topic) of three columns, each containing a label and two text boxes, in the window. So, what I need is some type of control(s) that can be added on the fly.

I've tried using a ListView for this, but I find I can make only the first column editable, and even being able to edit that column is not consistent. So, my first question is "Can I use a ListView, and if so, what am I doing wrong?"

If a ListView is not what I need for this situation, then my second question is "what are the right controls for this situation?"

In any case, is there any more information on some of the controls found in the interface schema that is easy to digest for someone who hasn't worked with the API before? Because honestly, I've just been piecing things together on my own, which is totally fine for something which I understand (scripting for example), but is quite a bit harder for a technology to which I am a relative novice.

Please let me know if you can help me with this, or if I'm not making any sense. Thanks. :)

(Just to let you know in case you're interested, the script started as a simple dice roller and is turning into a complete DnD supplemental tool to help while playing sessions in MSN. It's turning out quite well, and this window is for generating characters)

This post was edited on 11-30-2007 at 06:34 AM by Crazed.
11-30-2007 06:27 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
General Help with Interfaces - by Crazed on 11-30-2007 at 06:27 AM
RE: General Help with Interfaces - by Toneo on 11-30-2007 at 07:30 PM
RE: General Help with Interfaces - by Crazed on 11-30-2007 at 07:50 PM
RE: General Help with Interfaces - by Toneo on 11-30-2007 at 07:54 PM
RE: General Help with Interfaces - by Crazed on 11-30-2007 at 08:23 PM
RE: General Help with Interfaces - by Toneo on 11-30-2007 at 08:41 PM
RE: General Help with Interfaces - by Crazed on 12-01-2007 at 01:58 AM
RE: General Help with Interfaces - by Toneo on 12-01-2007 at 07:46 AM