What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Version numbers?

Version numbers?
Author: Message:
peakshysteria

O.P. RE: Version numbers?
One more strange thing is that MS also seem to be experimenting with updating WLM via Windows Update. Once i have gotten this while running Windows Update. And as far as i could tell this was only to verify that it worked. I did not get a new version. This did not give me the version number either. Strange it is. And this should be the best way to secure that people are up to date with the latest version. If Windows Update worked on WLM people didn't have to surf around different sites to find the latest version.

MS has a lot to learn it seems. Nearly all my contacts are running older versions than the most current. Since they never are prompted for an update or because the official sites doesn't give them the latest version. So thanks for your link to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?F...4ef&displaylang=en

On should think that MS also was interested in fronting their latest WLM version. But it doesn't seem to be that way. Yesterdays attempt at upgrading from http://get.live.com/messenger/overview , which seems like the official site for WLM didn't give me the latest version (as you say it will CookieRevised). This also have occured in the past. Strange again.

So while we wait for Windows Update to actually work on WLM, how about posting links to the different builds on the main page here? In that way people are up to date with the latest WLM and the latest Messenger Plus! Live as well. Win-win i think for everyone. Win for us the users and for both MS and the MPL community as a whole.

This post was edited on 12-10-2007 at 12:49 PM by peakshysteria.
12-10-2007 12:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Version numbers? - by peakshysteria on 12-10-2007 at 09:55 AM
RE: Version numbers? - by CookieRevised on 12-10-2007 at 12:13 PM
RE: Version numbers? - by peakshysteria on 12-10-2007 at 12:34 PM
RE: Version numbers? - by Spunky on 12-10-2007 at 01:07 PM
RE: Version numbers? - by CookieRevised on 12-10-2007 at 01:10 PM
RE: Version numbers? - by peakshysteria on 12-10-2007 at 03:41 PM
RE: Version numbers? - by Shippo on 12-13-2007 at 04:45 AM
RE: Version numbers? - by CookieRevised on 12-13-2007 at 07:56 AM