What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Plus 4.5 Doesnt Support Multiple Versions

Plus 4.5 Doesnt Support Multiple Versions
Author: Message:
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. Plus 4.5 Doesnt Support Multiple Versions
according to the messenger plus forums if you uninstall all versions of messenger then say install messenger 8.0 rename its folder to include 8.0 at the end then install WLM 8.1 and do the appropriate rename, then install WLM 8.5 you should be able to test your skins in all versions (of course the instructions dont specify any version numbers im using those numbers as an example)

i did the above i can only run these 1 at a time, 8.0 wont sign in at all, i can sign into 8.1 but messenger plus 4.50 will not work in 8.1, i have no doubt that messenger plus live 4.50 works in 8.1 if 8.1 is the only messenger installed it would appear however that if more than one version of messenger is installed it will only work in the most up to date version.

due to this technical fault i will only be able to write skins for 8.5 and may be able to add 9.0 compatability when 9.0 is officially release for public use, however when 9.0 is released ill no longer be able to support 8.5 as i wont have any way to test if its working in both versions as plus only works in one version and plus is needed to make the skinning work.

This post was edited on 12-11-2007 at 08:05 PM by stuartbennett.
12-11-2007 08:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Plus 4.5 Doesnt Support Multiple Versions - by stuartbennett on 12-11-2007 at 08:02 PM
RE: Plus 4.5 Doesnt Support Multiple Versions - by Oxy on 12-11-2007 at 08:19 PM
RE: Plus 4.5 Doesnt Support Multiple Versions - by CookieRevised on 12-11-2007 at 09:25 PM
RE: Plus 4.5 Doesnt Support Multiple Versions - by stuartbennett on 12-11-2007 at 10:04 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: