What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [Suggestion] Command Helper can be more helpful, picture inside

[Suggestion] Command Helper can be more helpful, picture inside
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [Suggestion] Command Helper can be more helpful, picture inside
You almost got my vote for this...

Although after a quick thought I see a small problem:

This panel is more meant for giving a hint in which commands start with a certain letter. I think it is less meant for showing what commands are available as a whole (for that you have the menus).

This means that if you previously selected to only see the script commands, and you start to type a build-in Plus! command, what should the window do? Show you an empty panel (because you didn't entered a script command) - which goes against the purpose of this window? Or ignore the previous selection and still show you all the available commands starting with the letters you've just typed?

In the latter case, the buttons would be useless, since the window will ignore them anyways...

In the first case the panel would be empty, as if such command doesn't exists. Personally I don't like that though, but that's just me.

So the only usefull thing I see about this is to show you a list of commands in one particualr category when you didn't entered a first letter after the slash. (which is also what the menus are for)... Since as soon as you start to type letters, all the commands of all the categories should be shown again.

It wouldn't be bad, but it wouldn't be very usefull either. Except for seeing all the available script commands under eachother, I don't see much use in this since you have the menus which list all the commands per categorie.

This post was edited on 12-11-2007 at 11:26 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-11-2007 11:18 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
[Suggestion] Command Helper can be more helpful, picture inside - by ahmetgns on 12-11-2007 at 10:53 PM
RE: [Suggestion] Command Helper can be more helpful, picture inside - by Chestah on 12-11-2007 at 11:02 PM
RE: [Suggestion] Command Helper can be more helpful, picture inside - by CookieRevised on 12-11-2007 at 11:18 PM
RE: [Suggestion] Command Helper can be more helpful, picture inside - by kezz on 12-11-2007 at 11:32 PM
RE: [Suggestion] Command Helper can be more helpful, picture inside - by Chestah on 12-12-2007 at 12:54 AM
RE: [Suggestion] Command Helper can be more helpful, picture inside - by CookieRevised on 12-12-2007 at 01:13 AM
RE: [Suggestion] Command Helper can be more helpful, picture inside - by ShawnZ on 12-12-2007 at 01:17 AM
RE: [Suggestion] Command Helper can be more helpful, picture inside - by Chestah on 12-12-2007 at 03:02 AM
RE: [Suggestion] Command Helper can be more helpful, picture inside - by markee on 12-12-2007 at 08:33 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: