What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » How to disable the repeat function of auto-responder?

How to disable the repeat function of auto-responder?
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: How to disable the repeat function of auto-responder?
I tought two ways for this:

1- Maybe changing the delay value to how long you want from registry works, try it (I was going to try but I couldn't wait at least 5001 second to test it.)

Start>Run>type "regedit">OK then browse for HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Patchou/Messenger Plus! Live/your e-mail address/Preferences/PersoStatusRepeatDelay/(here set the delay 100000 for instance)

I hope someone who knows much about this correct me if it won't work.

2- Note that there is a tooltip on the auto-responder area, that is "You can create a sequence of multiple different messages by starting new lines with #." By making new lines by Ctrl+Enter there, you can insert consecutive commands which will be run locally, such as #/close so after your girlfriend takes your first response, if she sends again, her window will be closed (make sure you set the highest possible delay before setting this because a chat log file (if you keep) which is splitted into hundreds of sessions wouldn't be nice.) You could also use the /block command but I know it would be very offensive for your girlfriend :P

By the way, if there exist a /disableresponder command, everything would be nice.

* ahmetgns goes to General Talk forum and suggests it immediately :) /Done: [suggestion]/disableresponder command

This post was edited on 12-16-2007 at 11:00 AM by ahmetgns.
12-16-2007 10:54 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
How to disable the repeat function of auto-responder? - by chrisauw on 11-21-2007 at 02:44 AM
RE: How to disable the repeat function of auto-responder? - by ahmetgns on 12-16-2007 at 10:54 AM
RE: How to disable the repeat function of auto-responder? - by CookieRevised on 12-17-2007 at 12:02 AM
RE: How to disable the repeat function of auto-responder? - by ahmetgns on 02-24-2008 at 03:19 PM
RE: How to disable the repeat function of auto-responder? - by ahmetgns on 03-03-2008 at 10:05 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: