What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » My ideology on Messenger beta testing

My ideology on Messenger beta testing
Author: Message:
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: My ideology on Messenger beta testing
quote:
Originally posted by ipab
obviously you've confused my message.

I was remarking on the fact that the messenger team is only going to be irritate with you if you post that messenger doesn't play well with a unofficial third party addon.

Saying you use plus! doesn't mean much unless you actually make a statement that messenger affect's plus!'s stability...
Um I believe it would be the other way around: Plus! affects Messenger's stability but whatever floats your boat...

The "normal" enviroment for me (a official beta tester) and members of this large forum are to run Plus! with Messenger.
The "normal" enviroment for others (who are also official beta testers) are to run it with Messenger Discovery Live (I have no idea if MDL is compatible with 9.0; Im just giving a example)
The "normal" enviroment for another group of official beta testers use Messenger without a addon at all...

These are all different normal enviroments which IMO Messenger should be tested in.
A clear example is in the antivirus/firewall world; Some antiviruses (or firewalls) are incompatible with certain firewalls (or antiviruses). Therfore it is the responsability of one, the other, or BOTH to update their software so it can work in a normal antivirus+firewall enviroment.

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
A normal enviroment for you and me is to use Messenger with Plus!. Thats normal. If it crashes with a addon, of course I agree it would be Plus!'s fault. But it could also be Messenger's fault
very true, but that does not mean you should be asking in every scripting thread for an update of the scripts (especially if you didn't even tried the script in question). As it is exactly that what people found extremely annoying, which in the end... bla bla bla

Cookie, 90% of your post was a personal issue that you seem to have with me for ASKING a update to scripts to work with 9.0
Dont go offtopic on this thread. If you have a problem with me or a issue to talk about, feel free to PM me.
12-17-2007 01:50 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
My ideology on Messenger beta testing - by riahc4 on 12-16-2007 at 10:37 PM
RE: My ideology on Messenger beta testing - by duck! on 12-16-2007 at 10:59 PM
RE: My ideology on Messenger beta testing - by riahc4 on 12-16-2007 at 11:18 PM
RE: My ideology on Messenger beta testing - by ipab on 12-16-2007 at 11:24 PM
RE: My ideology on Messenger beta testing - by Menthix on 12-16-2007 at 11:56 PM
RE: My ideology on Messenger beta testing - by riahc4 on 12-17-2007 at 12:22 AM
RE: RE: My ideology on Messenger beta testing - by CookieRevised on 12-17-2007 at 12:56 AM
RE: My ideology on Messenger beta testing - by ipab on 12-17-2007 at 12:34 AM
RE: My ideology on Messenger beta testing - by Voldemort on 12-17-2007 at 01:23 AM
RE: My ideology on Messenger beta testing - by riahc4 on 12-17-2007 at 01:50 AM
RE: My ideology on Messenger beta testing - by CookieRevised on 12-17-2007 at 01:58 AM
RE: My ideology on Messenger beta testing - by Aardvark on 12-17-2007 at 02:21 AM
RE: My ideology on Messenger beta testing - by riahc4 on 12-17-2007 at 02:31 AM
RE: My ideology on Messenger beta testing - by Aardvark on 12-17-2007 at 02:36 AM
RE: My ideology on Messenger beta testing - by CookieRevised on 12-17-2007 at 02:49 AM
RE: My ideology on Messenger beta testing - by Willz on 12-17-2007 at 03:09 AM
RE: My ideology on Messenger beta testing - by ShawnZ on 12-17-2007 at 03:21 AM
RE: My ideology on Messenger beta testing - by Menthix on 12-17-2007 at 03:54 AM
RE: My ideology on Messenger beta testing - by Omar on 12-17-2007 at 04:00 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: