What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Automatic renewal of Come-back mess.

Automatic renewal of Come-back mess.
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Automatic renewal of Come-back mess.
quote:
Originally posted by arch
However, the latest Plus! does not have the same interface that it had in 2005.
However, there is still a Windows Messenger compatible version of Plus!, that is MsgPlus! v.3, which you used to use before. Can't you just switch to Windows Messenger while you are leaving your home? I believe you don't need the funny features in Live Messenger while you are far away from your home while you need actually a special feature of old MsgPlus!

If you don't have Windows Messenger, I believe there is still an MSN Messenger 7.0 version (revised) on Microsoft's download pages. You can find it.

Can I use Messenger Plus! 3 and Messenger Plus! Live together?

There is no way to make Plus! Live to remember a personalised status, see CookieRevised's reply to [REQUEST] Remember Status

But if you insist on using Live Messenger, you can use Answering Machine Plus script which I found at Bots and Auto Talkers section of scripts database. It can send the (!IP) tag whenever you want (I suppose). Edit: You can customize the received message which will be replied with your IP, for example, givemeyourIPman, when your PC receives this message from any contact (guess who is that), it will send the IP :) .

However I know you want the IP is sent only to you  (personalised statuses have an filter option, so you can filter out everyone except yourself). So, it can also send an /autoip command, which you can set now for your preset "Auto IP" personalised status,  (which you don't receive in fact, it will be used to restore the Auto IP status), so that you can set again that status if you can't get your home PC's IP after your first query. On the second query, it must send the IP to your laptop. Edit: I am so sorry, my bad, I supposed there is a command option for preset personalized statuses,  if only there was really :( .

Hope this helps now.

This post was edited on 01-03-2008 at 02:14 PM by ahmetgns.
12-17-2007 08:45 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Automatic renewal of Come-back mess. - by arch on 08-22-2005 at 04:48 AM
RE: Automatic renewal of Come-back mess. - by multimillion2k on 08-22-2005 at 08:04 AM
RE: Automatic renewal of Come-back mess. - by L. Coyote on 08-22-2005 at 08:19 AM
RE: Automatic renewal of Come-back mess. - by multimillion2k on 08-22-2005 at 08:29 AM
RE: Automatic renewal of Come-back mess. - by arch on 08-22-2005 at 09:00 AM
RE: Automatic renewal of Come-back mess. - by arch on 08-24-2005 at 03:49 PM
RE: Automatic renewal of Come-back mess. - by arch on 12-16-2007 at 07:06 AM
RE: Automatic renewal of Come-back mess. - by RebelSean on 12-16-2007 at 07:39 PM
RE: Automatic renewal of Come-back mess. - by arch on 12-17-2007 at 06:23 AM
RE: Automatic renewal of Come-back mess. - by ahmetgns on 12-17-2007 at 08:45 PM
RE: Automatic renewal of Come-back mess. - by arch on 12-18-2007 at 08:03 AM
RE: Automatic renewal of Come-back mess. - by arch on 12-19-2007 at 10:56 AM
RE: Automatic renewal of Come-back mess. - by ahmetgns on 01-02-2008 at 11:34 PM
RE: Automatic renewal of Come-back mess. - by arch on 01-03-2008 at 06:08 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: