What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » In need of HELP!

In need of HELP!
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: In need of HELP!
quote:
Originally posted by elena324
So if I get this right, 'Name tag' would put my personal status to, for example 'Elena (working)',
Your real status will still be what you choose in "Show me as:" part among 6 different default statuses (online, busy, be right back, away, in a call, out to lunch). Name tag is only
quote:
Originally posted by the tooltip for this option
Label added next to your name to simulate the name of a new status in your contact's lists.
You may know that in Windows Messenger, contacts' statuses used to be shown in brackets and in a grey colour. But now in WLM, contacts' statuses are presented in the tooltip when you hover on them. But Messenger Plus! Live imitates that look on old Windows Messenger and simulates the tag you write in that box as a status.
quote:
The 'Private Message', I guess, can be left blank (I don't really know what you'd need this part for),
Not Private Message, it is again the usual Personal Message of Messenger. When you write anything there, it will be replaced with the current one (if any) and when you remove the personalized status, the old personal message will be restored or your personal message area will be made blank again. You have to fill at least one field in the personalized status window in order to define a personalized status, that is the exact point of a personalized status, otherwise if you won't write anthing in any box, why don't you just select a status among default statuses from status selector menus of Messenger?
quote:
And the 'Auto-Response' will automatically send the message I type to whoever IMs me.  Do I need to redo this everytime I sign on?
You have to redo it if you NEED it. Normally you always have a status when you signin, you don't always need a personalized status. Also it has a filter option and also it has a delay option in Messenger Plus! Live Preferences window>Customize!>Personalized Status. You can change the automatic repeat delay of auto responder message.

I hope this is clearer now.

This post was edited on 01-06-2008 at 12:31 AM by ahmetgns.
01-06-2008 12:28 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
In need of HELP! - by elena324 on 01-05-2008 at 10:17 PM
RE: In need of HELP! - by prashker on 01-05-2008 at 10:31 PM
RE: RE: In need of HELP! - by elena324 on 01-05-2008 at 10:35 PM
RE: In need of HELP! - by prashker on 01-05-2008 at 10:42 PM
RE: In need of HELP! - by ahmetgns on 01-05-2008 at 10:49 PM
RE: In need of HELP! - by elena324 on 01-05-2008 at 11:27 PM
RE: In need of HELP! - by ahmetgns on 01-06-2008 at 12:28 AM
RE: In need of HELP! - by elena324 on 01-06-2008 at 12:44 AM