What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request] Multiple d10 Dice Roller

[Request] Multiple d10 Dice Roller
Author: Message:
Dastion

O.P. [Request] Multiple d10 Dice Roller
Hello, I have been searching the forums for a compatible dice roller for an online table-top game I have been playing and was hoping someone could be of assistance. Currently we use the honor system, but since i dont have any dice I tend to just use some seperate online function to roll and then post my results.

While I did find a D&D dice roller that will do for now, I know you guys are always looking for a challenge so I thought I'd give you this one.

The game is World of Darkness, a d10 based RPG.  The rolling is pretty straight forward. You add various stats in order to get a dice pool and then roll that many d10.  If you get an 8,9, or 10 you get a "success". In most situations there is something called a "10 again" where you get to reroll any 10s for a chance at more successes, but certain situations can get 9again or even 8 again, and sometimes you dont even get the 10 again quality. And in some situations when you do not have a dice pool (due to negative modifiers and/or low skills), you get a single "chance" die where you only suceed on a 10, and only dramatically fail on 1.

Now that you know the specifics of the system, I was wondering if anyone knew if it would be possible for something like this.

The simplest integration would simply be something that automatically rolled d10s and required very simple input.  For example, the player simply has to type /roll # and it will emote out the results, preferably bolding 8,9,10 and then telling the number of successes for convenience sake.

For example, if i type /roll 4, it would say..

Dastion rolls 4 dice [7, 8, 9, 10] and gets 3 successes.

At that point I could simply see that I rolled a single 10 and type /roll 1 for a chance at another successes. Or in the case of 9 again, I could /roll 2 for the 9 & 10.

While I would love to see a program that automatically rerolled the 10s, i.e. [7, 8, 9, 10--6], that might be a bit too complicated for such a specific script, since it would require some sort of extra qualifiers to input whether the roll had the 8 or 9 again quality rather than the 10, and a further qualifier for if you were rolling roll with no chance to "explode" as we call it.

If anyone could help me out it would be most appreciative and, with your permission, I'd post a link on White Wolf's forums for others to enjoy.  This would really help our game to become more streamlined with everyone being able to roll dice quickly rather than roll, count, report the rolls into the chat, potentially lie, ect.  And with proper formatting and coloring in the program, it would become more difficult to fake just by typing in the info.

This post was edited on 02-01-2008 at 03:54 PM by Dastion.
02-01-2008 01:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
[Request] Multiple d10 Dice Roller - by Dastion on 02-01-2008 at 01:30 PM
RE: [Request] Multiple d10 Dice Roller - by phalanxii on 02-02-2008 at 12:34 AM
RE: [Request] Multiple d10 Dice Roller - by Dastion on 02-02-2008 at 09:14 AM
RE: [Request] Multiple d10 Dice Roller - by phalanxii on 02-02-2008 at 12:17 PM
RE: [Request] Multiple d10 Dice Roller - by Dastion on 02-02-2008 at 01:17 PM
RE: [Request] Multiple d10 Dice Roller - by phalanxii on 02-03-2008 at 03:03 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version