What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request] Multiple d10 Dice Roller

[Request] Multiple d10 Dice Roller
Author: Message:
Dastion

O.P. RE: [Request] Multiple d10 Dice Roller
Sorry, i should have mentioned that. A roll of 1 after getting a 10 on a chance roll is not a dramatic failure, it is simply not another success.

Otherwise, amazing work!

There is one important thing I noticed and a few other things, but only the first is truly important:

1) The important bit is on the chance die roll, I found a bug (due to me forgetting to say so most likely).  When you have a chance die, successes are only counted if they are 10s, whether it is on the initial roll or an extra roll from getting a 10. Such that it is possible to get multiple successes with only 1 die, but only if you keep on rolling 10s.  After the initial 10 anything else simply counts as a failure to gain anymore successes and you go with what you have.

2) Could the 10 again quality be implemented into the default for "/roll N"? Otherwise there is little reason to have a /roll n none command.  Most every roll in the game has the 10 again quality, therefore it would make sense to have it... it is rare circumstances where you do not have it.  Unless of course it would be too annoying to recode since I'm sure all of your qualifiers work off of the initial /roll n command.  There is also little reason to report (10 again) at the end of it since it is generally the default.

3)A small thing I thought of, but entirely up to you if you want to throw it in.  The game has what they call an "exceptional success", sort of the opposite of a dramatic failure.  This happens whenever you roll at least 5 successes and often many abilities have different effects when this is achieved. Something at the end like, (Exceptional Success!) would be interesting to have.

I must say though, you have gone above and beyond and I really appreciate it.  As specialized as you have made this dice roller, perhaps it would be a good idea to name it after the game it is so customized to so that it would be easier to search for? The game is called World of Darkness, often shorted as WoD.  Though, again, thanks for all of your help.

Edit: After doing some more testing I noticed something that might help with fixing #1.  My roll was a chance roll with a 10, and then a reroll of an 8 and it reported 2 successes. However, unlike with all the other rolls I tested, the 8 was not bolded, further spamming of the command showed a 10--9, again reporting 2 successes, and even further spamming finally showed a 10--10--7 with both the first and second 10s bolded. So obviously you intended for it to only count 10s, yet for some reason it isn't.

This post was edited on 02-02-2008 at 01:26 PM by Dastion.
02-02-2008 01:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
[Request] Multiple d10 Dice Roller - by Dastion on 02-01-2008 at 01:30 PM
RE: [Request] Multiple d10 Dice Roller - by phalanxii on 02-02-2008 at 12:34 AM
RE: [Request] Multiple d10 Dice Roller - by Dastion on 02-02-2008 at 09:14 AM
RE: [Request] Multiple d10 Dice Roller - by phalanxii on 02-02-2008 at 12:17 PM
RE: [Request] Multiple d10 Dice Roller - by Dastion on 02-02-2008 at 01:17 PM
RE: [Request] Multiple d10 Dice Roller - by phalanxii on 02-03-2008 at 03:03 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version