What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » export messenger plus logs (and upgrade)

export messenger plus logs (and upgrade)
Author: Message:
Psykotik

O.P. export messenger plus logs (and upgrade)
Hi all,

My issue is quite specialized. Well, I think it is the case, since I cannot find anything related to on the board.

I've been a messenger plus user since a long time. Since then, I installed on many different MSN releases, long before the MSN live one.

However, I didn't had use of MSN since a few months (years?), and I've recently upgraded from an old release to the last one. An upgrade also included Messenger Plus.

But... I can't access anymore my contact history ! I mean, I can read it using the history reader, but can't access the individual history related to my contacts. In other words, if I select a friend of mine, right click on it, and want to see its history, I can't, though I could have a look using the "general" history reader. I checked if the history folder is right, and it is. Maybe a hierarchical change into folders ? My old logs files where named "contact23542345.xml", but I don't know if I have to rename them, to change their folder, etc.

I'm also looking to be able to export my history. I'm looking to use the tool "im-history.com", but since I'm (more and more) switching to linux, I need to access "clean" MSN logs, and not the messenger plus 'ized logs. Which means converting my logs from the xml format I currently have, to a more standard format.

This last point is very important to me; could anyone help me?

Thanks!
02-04-2008 03:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
export messenger plus logs (and upgrade) - by Psykotik on 02-04-2008 at 03:08 PM
RE: export messenger plus logs (and upgrade) - by ahmetgns on 02-05-2008 at 03:19 PM
RE: export messenger plus logs (and upgrade) - by Psykotik on 02-06-2008 at 01:14 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: