What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [HELP] msgvsta

[HELP] msgvsta
Author: Message:
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. [HELP] msgvsta
ok willz, i had figured out how to do the msgvsta source in the replace section, although i didnt realise it had to be in addition to having an xp version but now i can sort that out. my concern with msgvsta is that it has 20070, 20071 & 20072 which are the resources for the min, max & close buttons.

in i think it was part 3 you said that in order to replace those buttons as they were msnrle's you had to put your replacement images in the new section of your resgroup and create a seperate image for each single state and use contentindex's to reference them, now thats fine until you get to doing the msgvsta part, in the new section of your resgroup you cannot specifify source so cant utilise vista versions and xp versions and therefore the only logical conclusion is that the flw buttons (20070, 20071 & 20072) dont need to reference the msgvsta file so i was somewhat confused as to why your guide says that it does.

im guessing you saw that those numbers were present in the msgvsta.thm file and thought to include them but theres no specific instructions on how to replace those buttons if you use msgvsta.

if you could provide a bit of clarification on that it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

This post was edited on 02-17-2008 at 06:03 PM by WDZ.
02-17-2008 09:28 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Willz Skinning Guide - by stuartbennett on 02-17-2008 at 08:07 AM
RE: Willz Skinning Guide - by Willz on 02-17-2008 at 08:38 AM
[HELP] msgvsta - by stuartbennett on 02-17-2008 at 09:28 AM
RE: [HELP] msgvsta - by Willz on 02-17-2008 at 09:43 AM
RE: [HELP] msgvsta - by stuartbennett on 02-17-2008 at 09:55 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend