What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » My replied for vikke for his letter to me

My replied for vikke for his letter to me
Author: Message:
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. My replied for vikke for his letter to me
Honestly, I find this very stupid. I dont know why the previous thread about the scripts was closed because there was a good debate about XP/Vista and Plus! Scripts. But if vikke can open a thread just to reply to me, have it moved to the original thread, and then that original thread is closed, so can I

quote:
I think we had an interesting talk, and I would love to continue it (maybe create a forum just about this topic).

Exactly. And I still dont know why a mod has closed it. And this is something I hate about these forums: A mod closes it without saying a last post saying why he closed the thread. Give a reason at least.

quote:
So where shall we start? You accuse me of not knowing what a stable computer is. You accuse me of running a pirate version of Windows, something I should never have done (I'm a software developer, and knows that piracy is one of the worst things you could do). And you say I'm talking bullshit. You cannot treat me like that, and I did definitely not treat you the same way or deserve these words. It seems you cannot handle this situation.

You gave me that impression by saying that Vista is unstable. I dont accuse you of anything Im just saying my opinion about things you claim

quote:
Now on Vista, I used the words "less stable than XP", maybe that was the wrong words to say, because you didn't accept them. What I actually meant by stable was about everything, programs, drivers, games, and the actual OS. VB6 DLLs, for an example, are very common today, even if it's old technology. Actually it's the most used kind of DLLs used for ActiveX components. It's like removing support for CRTs totally from Windows, because these screens has been there for 10 years (this might be a little overkill, but you get the idea). Still Microsoft has been working a lot on compatibility with this version and previous ones, with compatibility modes, 16-bit mode etc.

Either the OS is stable or the programs/drivers/games FOR the OS are stable; Obviously both cannot be stable because then crashes would never occur.
Even though VB6 DLL are common there are better solutions which this would be a fault the developer of a program: Java takes a couple of more lines to make the "Hello World" program than C; Obviously C is a better choice if you want to make a "Hello World" because of its smaller size, no runtime needed, and because you can write it in fewer lines. Still, the support should be there but minimal; I agree with forcing developers to "move on" to newer and better technologies.
And again you should give me the impression that you dont know about Vista by saying that Vista runs 16-bit programs when it does not; It has very limited compatibility for 16 bit programs and is not supported at all on 64 bit processors running 64 bit Windows Vista

quote:
I don't think it's right because other operative systems does this as well, not at all, that was not what I meant. Tell you what, if the UAC came up with 0 dialogs when you renamed the file, then it must have a bug, and isn't working properly (try Windows Update). I'm serious about this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=A1mwrhjXTDA

If you want another video, just ask.
And its not right? Its not right? So you as a common user just click on everything that pops up on your PC? UNIX, like I said has been doing this for YEARS, and NOONE has EVER complained about it. EVER.

quote:
I get the feeling that you were ironic when you wrote this message, but it turns out you were not ironic at all. I think we can say that Vista is about as stable as XP is, but people seems to have problems with it still today (trust me, I've helped a lot of friends installing games not working).

What games exactly? Example: You cant expect Doom to run on Vista just like you cant expect Crysis to run on Windows 95. Its just not possible. Its like you would like to use the Flintstones' car today in LA or Miami. Its just not logically possible
And Vista is alot more stable than XP (or at least its drivers/way of handling its drivers). Ive had to restart alot more in XP than Ive had to in Vista.

quote:
In the topic, you said that I didn't know anything about computers, and you ask Patchou like a god, please make all scripts work with Vista. You seem to have forgotten that he's not a god, and there's a reason they don't work on Vista, and that is because Vista simply doesn't accept them. So it's the Vista-users fault, for using Vista (I know the users can't help it).

You, like Cookie, like to put words in my motuh. I never said that scripts have to work only with Vista. I requested that the API be modified to make sure that the scripts work on XP AND Vista. Both of them. Its impossible then fine so be it.
And the reason isnt because Vista doesnt accept them; Its because Vista has a more efficient (and of course different) way of handling its API functions.
Its not Vista's fault, not the Vista userbase faults, its the developers that dont know how to update their code to so their software is more efficient and easier to work with. Of course Patchou cant just shutout all of his XP users as that would be suicide but he cant shutout his Vista users which everyday more and more are coming out. And, no, "switch to XP" is not the solution.

quote:
There's no rule on the forums which say you must know how to make your PC stable, not at all. It seems you haven't read the rules after all, that would  also explain your reputation points. You're simply not welcome here.

There isnt a written rule either that I cant hack into the server, steal all the personal information from all the users, and do whatever I want is there? Does that mean that it is correct/legal if I do that? No.
The reputation points is one of the most idiotic things on the planet. If you post depending on the rep a person has, then Im sorry but you have too much time and very little life on your hands.

quote:
By the way, I was using a Vista beta, but I'm a MSDN subscriber

My question:
WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR POINT WITH THAT STATEMENT? WANT A CONGRADS OR COOKIE?

I ask you please: Think before you post.

Thank you and I apoligize to the mods for making this thread.
03-31-2008 02:37 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
My replied for vikke for his letter to me - by riahc4 on 03-31-2008 at 02:37 AM
RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me - by MeEtc on 03-31-2008 at 02:43 AM
RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me - by prashker on 03-31-2008 at 02:55 AM
RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me - by riahc4 on 03-31-2008 at 02:56 AM
RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me - by Th3rmal on 03-31-2008 at 02:57 AM
RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me - by riahc4 on 03-31-2008 at 02:59 AM
RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me - by ShawnZ on 03-31-2008 at 03:17 AM
RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me - by CookieRevised on 03-31-2008 at 03:30 AM
RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me - by -dt- on 03-31-2008 at 03:54 AM
RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me - by riahc4 on 03-31-2008 at 04:02 AM
RE: RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me - by CookieRevised on 03-31-2008 at 04:25 AM
RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me - by prashker on 03-31-2008 at 04:02 AM
RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me - by ShawnZ on 03-31-2008 at 04:04 AM
RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me - by WDZ on 03-31-2008 at 06:13 AM
RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me - by ipab on 03-31-2008 at 06:14 AM
RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me - by CookieRevised on 03-31-2008 at 09:09 AM
RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me - by aNILEator on 03-31-2008 at 09:50 AM
RE: RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me - by andrewdodd13 on 03-31-2008 at 12:10 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: