What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » My replied for vikke for his letter to me

My replied for vikke for his letter to me
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me
* CookieRevised jumps on the bitching wagon (can't sleep anyways :p)
PS: I don't agree with everything vikke said either though, but....

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
Even though VB6 DLL are common there are better solutions which this would be a fault the developer of a program
one of the strangest things I've heared lately....

If there are better solutions, then go working at Microsoft. I bet they will pay millions if you have a better solution for all their ActiveXs which they STILL use to this day (for example: MSIE and many many MANY other NATIVE programs).

The matter of fact is that for some things there is no "better" solution. For example, the original thread where all this came from is about Plus! scripting. Be my guest to come up with a "better" solution for ActiveXs in scripts. Especially if those things need to call back to the script.... Again, some ActiveXs not working on Vista is not because its an "old" technology or because there are "better" solutions.

quote:
And Vista is alot more stable than XP (or at least its drivers/way of handling its drivers). Ive had to restart alot more in XP than Ive had to in Vista.
sure, because you had to restart less it automatically means that it is more stable?

FYI, there are still a lot of problems with drivers, that is actually one of the main reasons why SP1 is not yet released to everybody! (which will soon change, but anyways).

quote:
You, like Cookie, like to put words in my motuh. I never said that scripts have to work only with Vista. I requested that the API be modified to make sure that the scripts work on XP AND Vista. Both of them. Its impossible then fine so be it.

And the reason isnt because Vista doesnt accept them; Its because Vista has a more efficient (and of course different) way of handling its API functions.
One of the reason IS that Vista doesn't accept them. Some APIs are not in Vista anymore. And how do you know Vista is "more effecient" in handling its API functions? You have the source of both XP and Vista and you can interpret it?

quote:
Its not Vista's fault, not the Vista userbase faults, its the developers that dont know how to update their code to so their software is more efficient and easier to work with.
Some things ARE NOT possible anymore in Vista. It would be nice if you also accept that fact.

If something IS possible in Vista also, I'm sure the developers (or somebody else) will update their stuff, if it needs to be updated in the first place. But some things are simply NOT possible.

quote:
Of course Patchou cant just shutout all of his XP users as that would be suicide but he cant shutout his Vista users which everyday more and more are coming out. And, no, "switch to XP" is not the solution.
Talking about twisting words, djeez.... Who of us said he should shutout Vista users?

quote:
There isnt a written rule either that I cant hack into the server, steal all the personal information from all the users, and do whatever I want is there?
I think that falls under "forum abuse".

quote:
quote:
By the way, I was using a Vista beta, but I'm a MSDN subscriber
My question: WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR POINT WITH THAT STATEMENT? WANT A CONGRADS OR COOKIE?
He might know a thing or two about how Microsoft's OS functions? He might know that some APIs are not supported anymore?

If you read up on some MSDN articles you would, for example, also know about the driver problems in Vista.

You love Vista, fine. You haven't got any problems with Vista, even more fine and congrats... But some people do, and some people aren't even able to get Vista. And some things can only be done on XP... Those are also facts...

------------------

quote:
Well he felt that he needed to make a thread; A mod did not agree, moved the thread into a post in the original thread, and presto; It was closed without letting me publicy reply like he publicy replied to me: Honestly, I think this is fair.
I hate that too.

This post was edited on 03-31-2008 at 03:46 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-31-2008 03:30 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
My replied for vikke for his letter to me - by riahc4 on 03-31-2008 at 02:37 AM
RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me - by MeEtc on 03-31-2008 at 02:43 AM
RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me - by prashker on 03-31-2008 at 02:55 AM
RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me - by riahc4 on 03-31-2008 at 02:56 AM
RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me - by Th3rmal on 03-31-2008 at 02:57 AM
RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me - by riahc4 on 03-31-2008 at 02:59 AM
RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me - by ShawnZ on 03-31-2008 at 03:17 AM
RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me - by CookieRevised on 03-31-2008 at 03:30 AM
RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me - by -dt- on 03-31-2008 at 03:54 AM
RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me - by riahc4 on 03-31-2008 at 04:02 AM
RE: RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me - by CookieRevised on 03-31-2008 at 04:25 AM
RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me - by prashker on 03-31-2008 at 04:02 AM
RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me - by ShawnZ on 03-31-2008 at 04:04 AM
RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me - by WDZ on 03-31-2008 at 06:13 AM
RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me - by ipab on 03-31-2008 at 06:14 AM
RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me - by CookieRevised on 03-31-2008 at 09:09 AM
RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me - by aNILEator on 03-31-2008 at 09:50 AM
RE: RE: My replied for vikke for his letter to me - by andrewdodd13 on 03-31-2008 at 12:10 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: