What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Sharing folder and multiple user glitch.

Sharing folder and multiple user glitch.
Author: Message:
Cooperhawk

O.P. RE: Sharing folder and multiple user glitch.
well, I'm not familiar with all of the Microsoft developer coding selection, but i do know that the sharing folders is saved in the local settings, Microsoft, messenger, sharing folders, and then whatever account your from, and from there it's into who you're sharing it with, it doesn't take a genius to figure that part out, just someone who cares. and there is a similar directory on the computer of whom you are sharing with, when you click that sharing folder button, it goes to the folder that matches your account name.

Now from my narrow view of coding with visual basic and meta trader, and a couple other random languages, if you have made a program that knows the id of which window is signed into, (in the plus options you can select under the multiple accounts setting to display the address of the current user in the form of a bool tip over the notification icon), and theoretically if you know enough about messenger to create such an extensive add-on, which adds icons that perform their own functions, and change the very way messenger looks:

perhaps it could be a simple matter of replacing the button in main window with one that looked exactly like it, and opened the same form, but displayed the correct sharing folders per user who is opening them?

like i said, I'm not an expert with messenger but if i knew how it was made, this is how I'd try to gander at solving the problem.
04-06-2008 03:52 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Sharing folder and multiple user glitch. - by Cooperhawk on 04-05-2008 at 10:10 PM
RE: Sharing folder and multiple user glitch. - by MattyRid on 04-05-2008 at 10:40 PM
RE: Sharing folder and multiple user glitch. - by Spunky on 04-06-2008 at 01:32 AM
RE: Sharing folder and multiple user glitch. - by Cooperhawk on 04-06-2008 at 03:52 AM
RE: Sharing folder and multiple user glitch. - by MattyRid on 04-06-2008 at 04:03 AM
RE: Sharing folder and multiple user glitch. - by ahmetgns on 04-06-2008 at 09:20 AM
RE: RE: Sharing folder and multiple user glitch. - by Cooperhawk on 04-06-2008 at 06:22 PM
RE: RE: RE: Sharing folder and multiple user glitch. - by Cooperhawk on 07-30-2008 at 09:31 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: