What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Sharing folder and multiple user glitch.

Sharing folder and multiple user glitch.
Author: Message:
Cooperhawk

O.P. RE: RE: Sharing folder and multiple user glitch.
i know i'm a little bit over persistent with this, but i think you were on to something. if we were to apply this, perhaps this method could be a potential fix.

theoretically, you have your custom button, but before you have it open the sharing folder form, you had it read into an archive of dat files stored in a hidden folder in the same general area as the dat, and copy the one labeled with the correct email address, and rename it activesharingfolder.dat, replacing the incorrect dat file with the correct one before opening the sharing folders.

manually switching between dat files can cause a few glitches, but with a bit of work, you can get it to work.
However: the procedure is a bit tedious and it has varying levels of successes.

step one, sign in on one and only one messenger account.
step two, copy the activesharingfolder.dat file somewhere and identify which user it is.

IMPORTANT: DO NOT SAVE AS OR SAVE, I'M NOT SURE WHAT IT IS BUT I WOULD GUESS IT'S THE MODIFIED PROPERTY OF THE FILE, WILL RUIN YOUR RESULTS, COPY AND RENAME ONLY

step three, delete the activesharingfolder.dat file

step four, sign on on second messenger id and repeat step two, continue this process for however many accounts you sign in on

step five, BEFORE YOU ACCESS YOUR SHARING FOLDER [b] copy[/b
] the correct dat file depending on who you are opening for and rename it, activesharingfolder.dat.

step six, you may now access that particular sharing folder, but if you wish to view another set of sharing folders repeat in order steps 3 and 5 (not 4), and then continue with your business.

good news with this: the folders seem to do a good job of synchronizing the right files on their own, so you can still synchronize both folders with other people at the same time, i'm not sure what would happen if you tried to synchronize them both together. but for the most part, they seem to be good about arranging things properly.

bad news: you can only access one at a time, if you try to access two, you may encounter moments of confusion on which sharing folder you are accessing, just as if you had done nothing at all.

I'm not sure about how you would go about adding this feature to plus, but if you wish, i could attach a zip with a vb executable that could perform the same function, can't say how long it would take to build, or when i could build it.

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
It was posted a long time ago. I hope you can design a solution after reading my reply.
Polygamy & Sharing Folders Problem
04-06-2008 06:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Sharing folder and multiple user glitch. - by Cooperhawk on 04-05-2008 at 10:10 PM
RE: Sharing folder and multiple user glitch. - by MattyRid on 04-05-2008 at 10:40 PM
RE: Sharing folder and multiple user glitch. - by Spunky on 04-06-2008 at 01:32 AM
RE: Sharing folder and multiple user glitch. - by Cooperhawk on 04-06-2008 at 03:52 AM
RE: Sharing folder and multiple user glitch. - by MattyRid on 04-06-2008 at 04:03 AM
RE: Sharing folder and multiple user glitch. - by ahmetgns on 04-06-2008 at 09:20 AM
RE: RE: Sharing folder and multiple user glitch. - by Cooperhawk on 04-06-2008 at 06:22 PM
RE: RE: RE: Sharing folder and multiple user glitch. - by Cooperhawk on 07-30-2008 at 09:31 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: