What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Getting random emotion sounds from panel has two bugs

Getting random emotion sounds from panel has two bugs
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Getting random emotion sounds from panel has two bugs
Thank you andrey for trying this. I downloaded those two sounds with /sound command but "youhou"s category appears as "Cartoons / Games" here. But other sound's is "Vocals" like you said. I know it is also possible that someone changed youhou's category as Cartoons again.

Your scenario was what I previously had in my head too. However I did some tests  and see the results.

I ran two Messengers and signed in with my two accounts. I changed sound library of one of them as a Private Sound Library. The other remained public sound library. I find a sound's ID from web and sent it to the other account with /sound command. Then that sound was downloaded and I checked the sound libraries of both accounts. Their language and category was the same in both libraries. Then I changed the category&language and updated the server. Then I deleted the sound from both sound libraries, I checked the storage folder for sounds and I also checked the registry and made sure all the things about that sound is gone. Then I sent the same sound with sound command again. Now, this is interesting. In one sound library, the category and language was what it originally was but in the other sound library, it was what I changed to. But they are downloaded almost at the same instants and I heard both sounds playing in the two chat windows at the same time. I did it many times and in some cases the new infos about sounds came after a delay, I mean, after a couple of times I repeat this cycle (send sound, delete sound from everywhere in the computer and resend sound), the new info appeared in my sound library.

Also, about my #1 case, it may related to the #2. Because I tried it again and one sound didn't appear in my sound panel again after I added it via "Add to my list" button. When I closed and reopened the panel, it was in a different category. It may also be caused by the wrong category bug and when the sound goes to a different category, sound panel may not be updated until you close and reopen it.

By the way, I want to ask something. Are the names and language and category infos an integrated part of sound files or those infos are only listed according to the sound's ID. For example when someone sends a sound, is its ID queried from the server and then those infos appear in the convo windows? Because when I delete all the values about a sound in registry leaving only its key with its ID under CustomSounds, then it shows ??? for name and "unknown" for its category and language.

This post was edited on 05-28-2008 at 03:38 PM by ahmetgns.
05-28-2008 06:43 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Getting random emotion sounds from panel has two bugs - by ahmetgns on 05-25-2008 at 04:48 PM
RE: Getting random emotion sounds from panel has two bugs - by andrey on 05-26-2008 at 03:33 PM
RE: Getting random emotion sounds from panel has two bugs - by ahmetgns on 05-28-2008 at 06:43 AM
RE: Getting random emotion sounds from panel has two bugs - by CookieRevised on 05-28-2008 at 09:32 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: