What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » New Laptop Battery Issues

New Laptop Battery Issues
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: New Laptop Battery Issues
quote:
Originally posted by M73A
right, i arranged to have it sent back as i too thought it was faulty, by the time i went to send it... (about two and a half days later) the battery had charged... so don't know why it was being a prat for two days?!
It could be because it was a new, never charged before, battery (I wouldn't want anything else when I get a new battery though :p Anything else and you know the battery was used before).

New batteries need to fully charge before you use them and sometimes before they 'start to work as you expect'. This also usually takes a far longer time then fully recharging afterwards.

Eg: my laptop battery fully charges in roughly 45minutes, but the first time I needed to let it charge for like 12 hours or so (maybe not 12 hours, but it was very very long)! This was also stated in the manual I got with it.

If you buy a new laptop and the battery charges right away in its normal time to do so, then you almost for certain know that the laptop or battery was used before (to check if it worked in the factory/to precharge it as an added 'service'/as a demo in the store/etc... so it doesn't automatically mean it is second hand of course, it could be though).

Of course, if your battery takes again that long to recharge after is drained, there is probably something wrong with it, or with the charging device in the pc.

This post was edited on 06-14-2008 at 10:24 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-14-2008 10:15 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
New Laptop Battery Issues - by M73A on 06-12-2008 at 08:43 AM
RE: New Laptop Battery Issues - by SimonHodgkiss on 06-13-2008 at 01:27 PM
RE: New Laptop Battery Issues - by Voldemort on 06-13-2008 at 03:29 PM
RE: RE: New Laptop Battery Issues - by SimonHodgkiss on 06-13-2008 at 03:31 PM
RE: New Laptop Battery Issues - by Nathan on 06-13-2008 at 06:42 PM
RE: New Laptop Battery Issues - by Voldemort on 06-13-2008 at 09:58 PM
RE: New Laptop Battery Issues - by M73A on 06-14-2008 at 12:23 AM