What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Maximized tabbed chat restore itself after showing desktop

Maximized tabbed chat restore itself after showing desktop
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Maximized tabbed chat restore itself after showing desktop
So, I may be wrong at explaining the problem, you are right. I guessed this is another limitation of tabbed chats but I still wanted to post it because Patchou may find a solution to this even though he couldn't find to some other problems yet. I searched the forum about this but I couldn't find any thing.
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
When you maximize a tabbed chat window, the special hidden Plus! window again catches this and the visible chat window is maximized this time. However, the other chat windows (which are disabled since they aren't the top-most chat) are not maximized, they stay at their original size, disabled.
But it does the same thing when only one conversation is open too, while tabbed chats are enabled in Plus!. Also if I close the window and reopen any convo window, it is maximized again. I checked the messenger's registry entry "IMWindowMax" after maximizing the window and it was set to 1. So the hidden Plus! window catches the maximize action but it doesn't prevent the original messenger from changing its registry entry accordingly. Whatever, lets see if Patchou can overcome this issue.

I learned the difference between Win+D and Win+M previously from one of your posts already. But I think Win+D doesn't only brings the desktop to the foreground, it also minimizes the minimizable windows too. Because my WLMail program is set to "Hide window when minimized (means hide taskbar button)" and when I use Win+D, its taskbar button disappears and only its systray icon is left. If it wasn't minimized, its taskbar button would not disappear from taskbar ^o).

I edited my first post because I noticed that the problem I mentioned in the second paragraph is caused by Messenger itself, not by any feature of Plus!.
07-07-2008 11:57 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Maximized tabbed chat restore itself after showing desktop - by ahmetgns on 07-01-2008 at 09:50 AM
RE: Maximized tabbed chat restore itself after showing desktop - by CookieRevised on 07-01-2008 at 08:33 PM
RE: Maximized tabbed chat restore itself after showing desktop - by ahmetgns on 07-07-2008 at 11:57 AM
RE: RE: Maximized tabbed chat restore itself after showing desktop - by CookieRevised on 08-07-2008 at 02:17 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: