What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » WLM not signing in

WLM not signing in
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: WLM not signing in
quote:
Originally posted by Lukychan
Try to use MSN E-Fix or MSN Repair 2.0
It is nice that you try to help but please do not suggest to people to run very dodgy tools like that. Tools which you do not know what they do (and believe me, they do a lot of stuff which might again damage other stuff or change stuff which should NOT be changed). They are a security risk imho....

For starters, when I look at MSN E-Fix's binary hex data (after unpacking it with UPX) I can clearly see some dodgy stuff to say the very least. Stuff which I do NOT expect to be in such fixing tools. There could be legit reasons why they include what they include, but I find it very suspecious for such tools nevertheless

Furthermore, there are official tutorials on what to do when you get a particular error number. And those tools you link to will certainly NOT do what is described on those official tutorials, even if those tools are legit.

Also, there are already many posts on this forum (and other forums) handling error 80072efd, all you need to suggest is to search the forums or provide a link to one of the threads. Of course it would be better if you refer to the official tutorial and help pages.

To fix error codes like that never ever run stuff from the net. It rarely fixes anything and it never ever can do anything more than what is already described in official tutorials. In fact, it usually does far less and usually just tries to reregister some DLLs which is rarely the solution.

Furthermore, because of the nature of those tools you never ever know exactly _what_ they do.

If you want to suggest stuff when people have an error code, then refer people to http://messenger-support.spaces.live.com/, http://support.live.com/ or even to the default help you'll find in Messener itself via the menu Help > Help Topics.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by garymce
Any help that you could give would be greatly appreciated.
First, do NOT run those tools listed by Lukychan (or any other tools you might find on the net)....

Here is the official fix tutorial instead, which clearly tells you what to do and what is being done:
Messenger Support Space - Error: 80072EFD or 80048820-8004840F

Also, if you search in the help database:
Help > Help Topics > Error 80072efd: You can't sign in

This post was edited on 08-03-2008 at 08:41 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-03-2008 07:01 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
WLM not signing in - by garymce on 08-03-2008 at 05:20 PM
RE: WLM not signing in - by Lukychan on 08-03-2008 at 05:58 PM
RE: WLM not signing in - by CookieRevised on 08-03-2008 at 07:01 PM
RE: WLM not signing in - by garymce on 08-03-2008 at 07:27 PM
RE: WLM not signing in - by CookieRevised on 08-03-2008 at 08:38 PM
RE: WLM not signing in - by garymce on 08-04-2008 at 12:07 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode