What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » Help: Can't find the code for an evil white line.

Help: Can't find the code for an evil white line.
Author: Message:
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Help: Can't find the code for an evil white line.
quote:
Originally posted by Chrislah
yeahh. the problem is, open live as released after i started making my skin from stratch. it'd too much trouble now to move everything into that. ive done quite a lot.

i didnt think they scaled themselves. but i thought the smaller and larger images already existed in messenger so i could just replace them.

so anyway. youre saying i should make the actual borders of different sizes, then get the skininfo file to replace the border based on the options? 'cause i think i can do that :)

Well no what I was saying is that to change display picture size you actually have to edit the display picture element itself to accommodate to this (not the border).

Open Live isn't that hard to adapt to anyway. All the images are ordered, named properly, msnrle is totally gone and window text colors are all managed through skininfo so any change you make it applies to all of messenger.

Its got all the tricky stuff like the display picture scaler already ready to go. The time you spend trying to figure it out is about the same you would spend on coverting the skin to Open Live anyway. I'd explain it but I am not entirely sure on how it works myself since it was a group effort back in the early days of WLM skinning (before all this messenger plus stuff :P).

You can always just take the code from open live, just remember to credit if you do ;) especially if you are using this in the contest.

This post was edited on 08-10-2008 at 02:02 PM by Willz.
08-10-2008 02:01 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Help: Can't find the code for an evil white line. - by Chrislah on 08-10-2008 at 01:16 PM
RE: Help: Can't find the code for an evil white line. - by Willz on 08-10-2008 at 01:29 PM
RE: Help: Can't find the code for an evil white line. - by Chrislah on 08-10-2008 at 01:44 PM
RE: RE: Help: Can't find the code for an evil white line. - by Willz on 08-10-2008 at 01:47 PM
RE: Help: Can't find the code for an evil white line. - by Chrislah on 08-10-2008 at 01:56 PM
RE: RE: Help: Can't find the code for an evil white line. - by Willz on 08-10-2008 at 02:01 PM
RE: Help: Can't find the code for an evil white line. - by Chrislah on 08-10-2008 at 02:08 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: