What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Vista laptop problem.

Vista laptop problem.
Author: Message:
Dillan.

30 / Female / Flag
O.P. Vista laptop problem.
I've got a Dell Vostro 1000, the operating system is Vista, and i've had it for about 6 months. A few days ago I was installing some of the new updates, and it installed them all, but then I had to go. The next time I turned the laptop on, it was configuring them.. it got up to stage 2 out of the 3, and was on 8%, but yet again, I had to leave, so I turned the laptop off. When I returned, and tried to turn the computer on, I had that black screen, with the safe mode, same mode with networking, safe mode with something else, last good configuration, and like, the normal one. I selected the normal one, and it started to load. A few minutes of waiting, and I get a black screen with white text saying;

"!!0XC0000034!! 257/66454 (_0000000000000000.CDF-MS", and that message was constantly flashing. I turned the computer off, and turned it back on again, but I got an error code for the USB ports, something about a bug code, but I forget what it said because I didn't make note of it seeing as it only came up the once. I use an optical plug-in mouse, and a USB light which I use in order to see the keyboard.

I tried putting the laptop into safe mode, and it loaded a few files, but stopped at a certain one each time; crcdisk.sys. Basically, I can't get onto the user log on screen. Does anyone know how I could fix this problem? I don't know how to format it, mainly because I can't get onto what I need to, in order to format the hard drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
09-27-2008 07:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Vista laptop problem. - by Dillan. on 09-27-2008 at 07:53 AM
RE: Vista laptop problem. - by djdannyp on 09-27-2008 at 10:53 AM
RE: Vista laptop problem. - by Jarrod on 09-27-2008 at 01:04 PM
RE: RE: Vista laptop problem. - by Dillan. on 09-27-2008 at 03:39 PM
RE: Vista laptop problem. - by ShawnZ on 09-27-2008 at 03:46 PM
RE: RE: Vista laptop problem. - by djdannyp on 09-27-2008 at 03:50 PM
RE: Vista laptop problem. - by Jarrod on 09-27-2008 at 11:21 PM