What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request] Add Nickname fix

[Request] Add Nickname fix
Author: Message:
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

32 / Male / Flag
RE: [Request] Add Nickname fix
If I understand you correctly, you'd want to give a contact a custom nickname but preserve their original name by appending it, example:
quote:
Real nickname: <([John])> (H)
Custom nickname: John
What you want to see: John - <([John])> (H)
Unfortunately, this isn't currently possible. This was a feature back in Messenger Plus! Live 3, but then Messenger didn't have its own custom nickname feature yet like it has now. Patchou told us several times that he may re-add Plus!' own custom nickname feature when the nicknaming feature of Messenger itself isn't being extended. Until today, this hasn't happened yet, i.e. there's no way to preserve the original nickname using Messenger's own nicknaming feature, but there has been no response from Patchou whether he's going to re-add Plus!' nicknaming feature either...

As for scripts: no, not possible with the Plus! Live scripting environment. This is something which should be done by Messenger (or Plus! Live), not by a script.

About the remark of (!N): it may sound related, but it's not possible to use (!N) in a custom nickname and have it replaced by the real nickname. So that's a dead end there.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
10-15-2008 11:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
[Request] Add Nickname fix - by Rainierman on 10-15-2008 at 01:04 AM
RE: [Request] Add Nickname fix - by Matti on 10-15-2008 at 11:17 AM
RE: [Request] Add Nickname fix - by Rainierman on 10-15-2008 at 08:09 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites