What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Feature request: better visual file sharing (like the downloadmanager in Firefox)

Feature request: better visual file sharing (like the downloadmanager in Firefox)
Author: Message:
FRD

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Feature request: better visual file sharing (like the downloadmanager in Firefox)
that Xniff script looks VERY interesting, i didnt knew it before and i will definitely give it a try (when my work cools down and i have more spare time :) ), too bad xniff doesn't read the headers properly like you say
i also packetsniffed msn before with wireshark (ethereal) and saw interesting commands too (mainly about the statuses etc, i didnt searched for the transferprotocol then), but i didnt knew much how to integrating it into plus

in my opinion, microsoft wouldn't change the transferprotocol much in the new MSNP16, i guess the new addition is mainly the ability to sign in at 2 places at the same time with having chats replicated at all places, and the filetransfer worked good before so maybe they would let it be the same.  But you're right that there isn't much documentation for the new protocol at this time , and that makes it indeed harder to work

i hope you didnt threw away your code on the file transfer script, if you want to reopen the 'project', i'm definitely willing to help (with sniffing, searching solutions or maybe coding...), but first i will play a little with xniff ;)

too bad (in my case) plus' scripting is a VB lookalike language (and i'm only used to c# and java) but i recognize much in the examples and maybe it's time to learn a new language :P
01-25-2009 06:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Feature request: better visual file sharing (like the downloadmanager in Firefox) - by FRD on 11-08-2008 at 12:09 PM
RE: Feature request: better visual file sharing - by Spunky on 11-08-2008 at 03:34 PM
RE: Feature request: better visual file sharing - by FRD on 01-24-2009 at 09:15 PM
RE: Feature request: better visual file sharing - by Spunky on 01-24-2009 at 10:37 PM
RE: Feature request: better visual file sharing - by FRD on 01-25-2009 at 09:54 AM
RE: Feature request: better visual file sharing (like the downloadmanager in Firefox) - by Spunky on 01-25-2009 at 03:19 PM
RE: Feature request: better visual file sharing (like the downloadmanager in Firefox) - by FRD on 01-25-2009 at 06:44 PM
RE: Feature request: better visual file sharing (like the downloadmanager in Firefox) - by Spunky on 01-25-2009 at 07:55 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: