What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Display Picture switches back

Display Picture switches back
Author: Message:
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Display Picture switches back
quote:
Originally posted by Genesis Genome
According to the documentation, the timer is only created once when called and is destroyed after completion, so I don't understand your problem with the timer never going away.
It is created only when a matching word is found, and deletes itself 5 seconds later.
The problem is that when the timer is started, the user could sign out and optionally sign back in on another account and when the timer is finished, the code gets executed on the wrong account. Therefore, it is wise to cancel your timers on sign out or, as mentioned by Cookie's footnote, make your timer ID contain user-specific details to determine the user and/or picture index.
quote:
Originally posted by Genesis Genome
and the problem with changing dps to fast and overwriting the original I am well aware of, however even if I don't say anything at all, it will still sometimes switch back. so I know this is not the problem either.
Well, in my opinion you shouldn't allow it to change more than 5 times per minute, since every time you change it, it has to be uploaded to the Messenger servers. Seeing that you already change it twice with a five second interval, you might run into some troubles. For example, you could add a timer after your "DPDelay" timer was executed to prevent changes for the next 20 seconds or so using some kind of global variable.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
02-02-2009 04:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Display Picture switches back - by Genesis Genome on 02-02-2009 at 12:56 AM
RE: Display Picture switches back - by matty on 02-02-2009 at 02:42 AM
RE: Display Picture switches back - by Genesis Genome on 02-02-2009 at 10:25 AM
RE: Display Picture switches back - by CookieRevised on 02-02-2009 at 02:59 PM
RE: Display Picture switches back - by Genesis Genome on 02-02-2009 at 03:51 PM
RE: RE: Display Picture switches back - by CookieRevised on 02-02-2009 at 04:29 PM
RE: Display Picture switches back - by Matti on 02-02-2009 at 04:03 PM
RE: Display Picture switches back - by Genesis Genome on 02-02-2009 at 04:10 PM
RE: Display Picture switches back - by Matti on 02-02-2009 at 04:14 PM
RE: Display Picture switches back - by Genesis Genome on 02-02-2009 at 05:17 PM
RE: RE: Display Picture switches back - by CookieRevised on 02-02-2009 at 05:43 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: