What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Downloaded a Virus Along With the 4.8 Update

Downloaded a Virus Along With the 4.8 Update
Author: Message:
Master Kinare

O.P. Downloaded a Virus Along With the 4.8 Update
First off, not sure if I put this in the right forum but it seems right for me because it's not a problem I need help with, I just think you should know.

So as the title says, I log into Windows Live (which I only get one once a month anymore), it prompts me to update Messenger Plus to 4.8, and I do so. It does all the normal updating things it usually does.

Next, I get a bunch of prompts from Spybot that something I don't like is trying to get into my registry. I click "deny changes" because I know exactly what those changes mean from seeing them before and allowing, but it didn't help. And now, I have Virtumonde on my computer again. This fecking virus takes forever to get rid of and I never would have thought that because I updated Messenger Plus I'd get it AGAIN.

Oh, and for sure it had to be this because other than MSN, I was on sites I'm on all the time and never had this problem. I don't download things unless I fully trust the site because of a history of infection.

Just a little angry... sorry about my tone. But seriously, it's very annoying and now I have to sit here for a few hours to delete a virus that I did everything possibly to avoid; except update Messenger Plus, which will not happen again.

So again to clarify why I put it in this forum: I don't need help with removal, I've done it multiple times now. I believe it's a bug because it came with the update so you should fix it. Rawr.

This post was edited on 02-17-2009 at 05:22 PM by Master Kinare.
02-17-2009 05:21 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Downloaded a Virus Along With the 4.8 Update - by Master Kinare on 02-17-2009 at 05:21 PM
RE: Downloaded a Virus Along With the 4.8 Update - by djdannyp on 02-17-2009 at 07:12 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: