What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [Suggestion] From another addon ...

[Suggestion] From another addon ...
Author: Message:
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
RE: [Suggestion] From another addon ...
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
-group block >> I think there's a script that does that... Anyways, it is possible.
Not completely possible with scripts though since they do not have access to group features. There are some crappy workarounds and other halve working things, but to make it properly you first need access to the Messenger object (to know which contacts are in the group). And according to Patchou the group object has serious flaws. Hence why the group block was removed a long time ago from Plus!. Second, if you want to implement it in the proper way you need to have access to the contact list window so you can add it to the right click menu for groups. Again something which is not possible with scripts.
I didn't really mean the contact list's groups, but something similar to what Mnjul has done with Hopper, wich will block and unblock selected contacts to send them some pop-ups.

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy

-edit nick by clicking on >> Possible?
He means editing your screenname by clicking on it in the "me" area in the main contact list. With scripts this is not possible. Maybe it is with skins I dunno. But it might be perfectly possible for Plus! though.
(although you will loose the one click drop down menu in all those cases; of course there are other ways to have both)
Yeah, I knew that =P But it doesn't look like it's possible with skins, the max we've got to was to make a shortcut wich would lead to that Personal part of the preferences window, since there's a CmdId for it. Although it is possible to change the line limit from the PSM... so I still have a little hope about that.
[Image: Empty.png]
05-25-2009 09:50 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
[Suggestion] From another addon ... - by Alex131089 on 05-25-2009 at 07:46 PM
RE: [Suggestion] From another addon ... - by blessedguy on 05-25-2009 at 08:32 PM
RE: RE: [Suggestion] From another addon ... - by CookieRevised on 05-25-2009 at 09:19 PM
RE: [Suggestion] From another addon ... - by blessedguy on 05-25-2009 at 09:50 PM
RE: [Suggestion] From another addon ... - by Alex131089 on 05-25-2009 at 10:35 PM
RE: [Suggestion] From another addon ... - by foaly on 05-26-2009 at 11:15 AM
RE: [Suggestion] From another addon ... - by Alex131089 on 05-27-2009 at 05:39 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: