What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Failure to get on the downloading webpage...

Failure to get on the downloading webpage...
Author: Message:
Eun

O.P. Failure to get on the downloading webpage...
Okay, I am scared to death of posting on these forums since just about everything seems to have been covered, but I haven't found a situation that quite follows what I am having trouble with so here goes:

My internet connection is fine. Youtube, Hotmail, Google all work. However, whenever I try to download MSN Messenger, I can only get to this page:

http://download.live.com/?sku=messenger

When I click the Download button, it seems like it is getting through, but it always ends up telling me that the connection has failed. It looks the same as if my wireless is not working. (But it is..)

My computer is Vista, and I seriously doubt that RAM or anything is inadequate. What's more is that the same thing happens when I try to download from sites other than the official one. It tells me that this link is broken etc.

I deleted everything I could off of my MSN and got my friends to do a final check for me. I dont have Smiley Central. I deleted my Cookies and Temporary files, tried downloading while using Google Chrome and Firefox (no luck), and since this is my laptop I am the sole user, thus the administrator.

I've also tried other methods I've found on this forum, but everyone seems to be able to at least start downloading. I can't even get to that stage...

I have been living without MSN for about 4 months now and I am getting tired of using eBuddy. :(

Thank you in advance~
07-05-2009 01:15 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Failure to get on the downloading webpage... - by Eun on 07-05-2009 at 01:15 AM
RE: Failure to get on the downloading webpage... - by Vilkku on 07-05-2009 at 05:53 AM
RE: Failure to get on the downloading webpage... - by Eun on 07-05-2009 at 02:47 PM
RE: Failure to get on the downloading webpage... - by Vilkku on 07-05-2009 at 04:32 PM
RE: Failure to get on the downloading webpage... - by Eun on 07-06-2009 at 05:49 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: