What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Send SMS text on contact sign in

Send SMS text on contact sign in
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Send SMS text on contact sign in
quote:
Originally posted by cRuNcHeR

quote:
Originally posted by matty
It does the same thing as sending 11111111111@pci.rogers.com it sends an email-to-sms message where you need to reply to read the message...

Nothing new
Um are you talking about Text4free.. Because if so; You don't need to reply to read the message.
I've used it for some time now and it's worked great. Hope someone is willing to make the script for Messenger Plus :).
Yes, he is talking about the Text4Free Service and he IS correct.

The Text4Free service does not have its own service to send SMS. It (ab)uses other online services! And depending on the provider you send the SMS to, the recepient must reply to a recieved SMS in order to read your SMS. He either need to reply to the SMS or go to an online page (link given in the SMS he recieves). Also, depending on the provider it is the recepient who pays for those SMS.

For example, if someone uses Text4Free to send a SMS to me, I first must reply to the SMS send by the online service used by the Text4Free service and they will charge me €2 or £1 + price for an sms for it!!!!!!! (I can send like 100 SMS for that amount of money) Not to mention that they will now have my number and will send advertisement from time to time according to their conditions & terms of use.
(they = not Text4Free, but that other online service it uses*)

So, it is not much different than other online SMS services, except that it doesn't send the SMS itself but uses other online SMS services to do the job. As such, the Text4Free service does NOT work 100% all the time as it highly depends on the availability of the uses online services.

If you are planning to use this service to send a SMS to your own phone because you can't find any other online service, you could simply look at the source of the Text4Free form (the inline frame to be more exact) to find out what exact online service it uses for your provider/country and use that online service directly. Although that might not always work for free either as shown by my example above.

* And for UK users it is even worse if you use that service, they need to pay £5 to read your SMS!!!!!

This post was edited on 08-19-2009 at 02:11 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-19-2009 01:52 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Send SMS text on contact sign in - by ProtoZoa on 07-12-2009 at 12:10 PM
RE: Send SMS text on contact sign in - by warmth on 07-12-2009 at 07:06 PM
RE: Send SMS text on contact sign in - by ProtoZoa on 07-20-2009 at 05:58 AM
RE: Send SMS text on contact sign in - by piggieshorts on 08-09-2009 at 05:47 AM
RE: Send SMS text on contact sign in - by CookieRevised on 08-12-2009 at 06:38 AM
RE: Send SMS text on contact sign in - by cRuNcHeR on 08-18-2009 at 03:16 PM
RE: Send SMS text on contact sign in - by matty on 08-18-2009 at 05:46 PM
RE: RE: Send SMS text on contact sign in - by CookieRevised on 08-19-2009 at 01:52 AM
RE: Send SMS text on contact sign in - by cRuNcHeR on 08-18-2009 at 06:15 PM
RE: Send SMS text on contact sign in - by cRuNcHeR on 08-19-2009 at 02:31 AM
RE: Send SMS text on contact sign in - by CookieRevised on 08-19-2009 at 03:18 AM
RE: RE: Send SMS text on contact sign in - by cRuNcHeR on 08-19-2009 at 04:30 AM
RE: Send SMS text on contact sign in - by ProtoZoa on 05-24-2010 at 12:49 AM
RE: Send SMS text on contact sign in - by whiz on 06-01-2010 at 10:34 AM
RE: Send SMS text on contact sign in - by ProtoZoa on 06-03-2010 at 07:16 AM
RE: Send SMS text on contact sign in - by CookieRevised on 06-03-2010 at 02:43 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: