What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » MultiChat vs Group Chat

MultiChat vs Group Chat
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: MultiChat vs Group Chat
quote:
Originally posted by wincy
Well, my purpose was to stop those annoying multichat window with too many people that maybe you don't even know.
You can't "stop" or "prevent" them. The warning you'll get from that script happens _after_ the mtuli-contact chat was established. By that time, all those unknown people would already had the chance to see your Windows Live ID. To realy stop such forced invites you need to sniff and alter the protocol messages. And even then, a 'smart' contact (who is sniffing the protocol himself) would be able to see your Windows Live ID. This is one of the major shortcommings (and privacy issues) in the MSN protocol.
quote:
Anyway, i understand that for now it's too hard to do what i'm asking...
If you simply want the confirmation not to be shown when you are in a group chat, you could try to use the menu-trick to check if the chat is a group chat or a multi-contact chat. It should work, in theory.

quote:
New idea! (H)
How about checking if contacts in multi-contact chat are in my contact list? For example, if contacts > 5 and most of the contacts are not in my list, it is probably an annoying multi-contact window, and not a group i subscribed to, so i will ask confirmation 8-)
Very unreliable... Everything that depends on the number of contacts, or on contacts in general is unreliable for this. You can never get proper or enough information from the contacts object to differentiate between type of chats, it will always be major guesswork and assumptions.

Instead, use the menu-trick. It is the most reliable of all as it does not depend on anything at all, except for Messenger itself creating the window in a particular way.

This post was edited on 11-17-2009 at 05:04 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-17-2009 05:00 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
MultiChat vs Group Chat - by wincy on 11-16-2009 at 03:53 PM
RE: MultiChat vs Group Chat - by CookieRevised on 11-16-2009 at 06:33 PM
RE: MultiChat vs Group Chat - by wincy on 11-16-2009 at 10:08 PM
RE: MultiChat vs Group Chat - by CookieRevised on 11-17-2009 at 02:51 AM
RE: MultiChat vs Group Chat - by wincy on 11-17-2009 at 12:12 PM
RE: MultiChat vs Group Chat - by CookieRevised on 11-17-2009 at 05:00 PM
RE: MultiChat vs Group Chat - by wincy on 11-17-2009 at 06:56 PM