What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Live messenger and the G15

Live messenger and the G15
Author: Message:
lipe123

O.P. Live messenger and the G15
The last thread about this died in 2006 sometime so I figured its best to start over.

Often I'm playing games that wont alt-tab and miss out on contacts trying to talk to me.

There was a program written long ago called Gmsn that did exactly what I wanted but it only worked for one day and since I restarted my comp it refuses to run :(
It used to show me on the lcd display in the keyboard when someone sent me a message and also had the option to reply to the message. Beneath the display is 4 small buttons. hitting the reply one would steal the keyboard input temporarily for replying.

Would anyone be able to recreate a similar program using just scripting? (I read somewhere the newer version of plus can use dll's)

Some links that survived:
The dll: http://www.avbrand.com/software/g15/
Video of how it used to work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bylgkRy0kPA&feature=player_embedded

Ps. Yes I've been searching all over the net for days especially on g15forums.com and sofar ive only seen 2 apps mentioned, zax something and gmsn. Both apps are very old and wont run on win 7 anymore.
Oh and yes I know trillian has a g15 plugin too, but i prefer using just msn so my chatlogs isnt all messed up.

*edit* I added the orig gmsn package here also

.zip File Attachment: gmsn.zip (43.34 KB)
This file has been downloaded 450 time(s).

This post was edited on 12-22-2009 at 08:56 AM by lipe123.
12-22-2009 08:50 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Live messenger and the G15 - by lipe123 on 12-22-2009 at 08:50 AM
RE: Live messenger and the G15 - by Chris4 on 12-22-2009 at 10:10 AM
RE: Live messenger and the G15 - by lipe123 on 12-22-2009 at 05:55 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: