What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Display Picture Crashes Internet!

Display Picture Crashes Internet!
Author: Message:
Saiko

O.P. RE: Display Picture Crashes Internet!
MSN works fine on main computer. It's this one. It's a problem with MSN and my Router but I don't know what exactly it is because nothing else has this problem.

Turning off my display picture and personal message fixes it. Its a problem with the interaction between the server and this information.

Sidenote: This only happens when the status is not on Appear Offline. I can change anything while I am on appear offline, but the moment I go to available I believe the server begins sending users my information and that is what causes the crash.

BUT The information that does crash it IS the Display Picture and in some instances Personal Message.
The description for Event ID ( 7 ) in Source ( WindowsLiveMessenger ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: WindowsLiveMessenger, 0.0.0.0, 0.0.0.0, 2641, 10049.

I seem to be getting this error in my error log. I assume it has something to do with it.

This post was edited on 12-29-2009 at 01:38 AM by Saiko.
12-29-2009 01:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Display Picture Crashes Internet! - by Saiko on 12-29-2009 at 01:16 AM
RE: Display Picture Crashes Internet! - by Chris4 on 12-29-2009 at 01:21 AM
RE: Display Picture Crashes Internet! - by Saiko on 12-29-2009 at 01:24 AM
RE: Display Picture Crashes Internet! - by newbie6 on 03-14-2010 at 05:03 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites