What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not????

Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not????
Author: Message:
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

38 / Male / Flag
RE: Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not????
quote:
Originally posted by frazzledazzle
Also, I don't know what it means when you say you're an 'official tester' but if you are, then you should know that it really isn't acceptable to write off an issue that's being experienced by multiple users, by saying that you cannot replicate it.

You should either A - be able to provide an alternative explanation of why this is happening (given your knowledge of Windows Live etc) or B - investigate further, given this issue has been raised by a lot of people on the internet (as you will see if you google it).

I am an Official Tester of Messenger Plus! Live, the add-on that this forum is dedicated to.

The fact that I cannot replicate it is what disproves your hypothesis.  I'm not denying that it happens to you, but the fact that it doesn't happen to everyone proves that it is not categorically linked to being blocked.

My best guess would be that it's linked to the server synchronisation issues that are happening at the moment affecting reverse lists.  I can't provide a complete explanation for the problem, but what I can do is say that blocking someone does not cause the display picture to become greyed out and so for the benefit of other users, it is not a test of whether you've been blocked or not.

People are always looking for block checkers, or tricks/work-arounds to detect if you've been blocked..and dispelling myths like this helps the community as a whole as it won't result in people complaining that the method doesn't work.

This post was edited on 02-11-2010 at 12:42 PM by djdannyp.
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5367 days, 23 hours, 28 minutes, 6 seconds ago
02-11-2010 12:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not???? - by pebbles77 on 02-08-2010 at 03:57 PM
RE: Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not???? - by Chris4 on 02-08-2010 at 07:00 PM
RE: Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not???? - by frazzledazzle on 02-10-2010 at 10:22 PM
RE: Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not???? - by djdannyp on 02-10-2010 at 11:04 PM
RE: Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not???? - by frazzledazzle on 02-11-2010 at 12:18 PM
RE: Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not???? - by Spunky on 02-11-2010 at 12:24 PM
RE: Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not???? - by frazzledazzle on 02-11-2010 at 12:27 PM
RE: RE: Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not???? - by CookieRevised on 02-24-2010 at 02:14 AM
RE: RE: RE: Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not???? - by Cassandra424 on 02-24-2010 at 08:10 PM
RE: Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not???? - by Spunky on 02-11-2010 at 12:29 PM
RE: Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not???? - by djdannyp on 02-11-2010 at 12:41 PM
RE: Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not???? - by Cassandra424 on 02-22-2010 at 12:08 AM
RE: Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not???? - by Chris4 on 02-22-2010 at 06:42 PM
RE: RE: Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not???? - by Cassandra424 on 02-22-2010 at 07:24 PM
RE: Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not???? - by Nofew on 03-09-2010 at 06:28 PM
RE: Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not???? - by Cassandra424 on 03-10-2010 at 01:33 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: