What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Can't delete a contact who deleted me?

Can't delete a contact who deleted me?
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Can't delete a contact who deleted me?
quote:
Originally posted by Beerxulf
Great info thanks .. From what I gathered from reading those threads its a server issue and it's just a matter of time to catch up.
That depends.... because you also seem to misinterpret some things, from what you've told here.

quote:
Originally posted by Beerxulf
They've gone and blocked and deleted me off their contact  list and me them as well.
And the who added you to their contact list still shows we're on each others list, when in FACT we are not?? 
In fact you still _are_ on each other's list. Deleting someone from the contact list does not automatically mean deleting them from every list. A block list is one of those lists too, and thus if you have blocked eachother you _are_ on each others block list and thus you can not delete eachother from the reverse list. You first need to unblock eachother. So, this has absolutely nothing to do with the current server issues; it has been always the case like this.

Then, depending on who has added who first, you first need to delete that contact or he needs to delete you first from the the reverse list. Only then can the other delete the other. It is here that the server issue might come into play. And you reconize that if both you and your contact have the 'delete' option grayed out. If the current server issue isn't there, one of you will see a non-grayed out 'delete' item and should use that.

Also, in every move you do, it can take some time to synacronize the servers. So all of this isn't that instant either, it could take some time.

This post was edited on 02-19-2010 at 05:38 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-19-2010 05:34 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Can't delete a contact who deleted me? - by Beerxulf on 02-19-2010 at 12:06 AM
RE: Can't delete a contact who deleted me? - by Chrissy on 02-19-2010 at 12:16 AM
RE: Can't delete a contact who deleted me? - by Beerxulf on 02-19-2010 at 12:26 AM
RE: Can't delete a contact who deleted me? - by CookieRevised on 02-19-2010 at 05:34 AM
RE: Can't delete a contact who deleted me? - by Beerxulf on 02-19-2010 at 11:48 AM
RE: Can't delete a contact who deleted me? - by CookieRevised on 02-19-2010 at 10:43 PM
RE: Can't delete a contact who deleted me? - by Beerxulf on 02-22-2010 at 01:33 AM
RE: Can't delete a contact who deleted me? - by CookieRevised on 02-24-2010 at 02:03 AM
RE: Can't delete a contact who deleted me? - by Beerxulf on 02-28-2010 at 02:31 AM
RE: Can't delete a contact who deleted me? - by CookieRevised on 02-28-2010 at 07:28 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: