What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not????

Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not????
Author: Message:
Cassandra424

RE: Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not????
Thanks Nofew. :)

I have been trying to follow the comings and goings of the display pics and have noticed that where the other person signs on makes a difference.

If the person logs on and off from a desktop computer the dp is saved on my msn but if they sign on and off from their mobile, dp disappears.

So if I am chatting with them, dp shown, they sign off from desktop, dp stays for days on end but if they are on mobile the moment they sign off, dp disappears and does not reappear until they sign back on.

The display pic is always the same and it doesn't matter if I start a conversation or not.

So yes, not a function of being blocked but how/where msn stores the dp but it is weird that this never happened in last version....

So for many of the disappearing dp, the person tends to use mobile so that explains why pic is there during work hours and odds are I am blocked (not something personal as they are working and using the msn for work so personal contacts would be blocked until they had free time)
03-10-2010 01:33 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not???? - by pebbles77 on 02-08-2010 at 03:57 PM
RE: Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not???? - by Chris4 on 02-08-2010 at 07:00 PM
RE: Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not???? - by frazzledazzle on 02-10-2010 at 10:22 PM
RE: Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not???? - by djdannyp on 02-10-2010 at 11:04 PM
RE: Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not???? - by frazzledazzle on 02-11-2010 at 12:18 PM
RE: Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not???? - by Spunky on 02-11-2010 at 12:24 PM
RE: Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not???? - by frazzledazzle on 02-11-2010 at 12:27 PM
RE: RE: Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not???? - by CookieRevised on 02-24-2010 at 02:14 AM
RE: RE: RE: Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not???? - by Cassandra424 on 02-24-2010 at 08:10 PM
RE: Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not???? - by Spunky on 02-11-2010 at 12:29 PM
RE: Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not???? - by djdannyp on 02-11-2010 at 12:41 PM
RE: Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not???? - by Cassandra424 on 02-22-2010 at 12:08 AM
RE: Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not???? - by Chris4 on 02-22-2010 at 06:42 PM
RE: RE: Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not???? - by Cassandra424 on 02-22-2010 at 07:24 PM
RE: Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not???? - by Nofew on 03-09-2010 at 06:28 PM
RE: Why on my contacts list do contacts pictures show up and other times not???? - by Cassandra424 on 03-10-2010 at 01:33 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: