What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » [split] AVG / MSG not showing in WLM 9.0......

[split] AVG / MSG not showing in WLM 9.0......
Author: Message:
maph01

O.P. RE: MSG not showing in WLM 9.0......
I have the same problem... MPL is not showing... I get to the fact the is the AVG antivirus the one that is blocking something... why so i said this? beacuse, it stop working after rebooting for an avg update... After this, another program stop working (TeraCopy).. just added that to the Exceptions in AVG and start working... so I added all the dll's under the mpl install directory to the Potentialy Unwanten Programs Exceptions, but no luck.... i don't know if there is another dll or exe in another directory that should be added....

i also notice that there are not Registry entries for the msgplus, no  "HKCU\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\your@email.com", and just some of the globalSettings were there...

i did a system restore, to the point where the plus worked, export the registry keys, undo the system restore, import the registry keys, but the first time i start msn, it crashed... then i try to run it again but the MPL is not showing again... i also try a Repair Installation for the MPL, but it clears all the keys in the registry... reimported again, and mpl still not showing...

Using a process explorer, i also see the the MsgPlusLive.dll is loading in the messenger that is not showing the plus add on.. and in the one where i used the restore option, was the MsgPlusLive1.dll the one loading, i don't know if this is relevant....

have no clue where to go from here... now i'm going to unistall avg, reinstall msn, mpl, and if necesary reimport the registry keys...hope someone could find why is this happening....

Thanks in advance for any help you could give....

Map-h

This post was edited on 03-12-2010 at 10:51 PM by maph01.
03-12-2010 09:59 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: MSG not showing in WLM 9.0...... - by maph01 on 03-12-2010 at 09:59 PM
RE: [split] AVG / MSG not showing in WLM 9.0...... - by maph01 on 03-17-2010 at 07:11 PM
RE: [split] AVG / MSG not showing in WLM 9.0...... - by djdannyp on 03-17-2010 at 08:24 PM
RE: MSG not showing in WLM 9.0...... - by djdannyp on 03-12-2010 at 10:48 PM
RE: MSG not showing in WLM 9.0...... - by maph01 on 03-12-2010 at 10:56 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: