What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Auto-accept 'sent' webcam request

Auto-accept 'sent' webcam request
Author: Message:
nicknick1122

O.P. Auto-accept 'sent' webcam request
Hi everybody,

after reading through all the posts I could find about MSN's Plus auto-accept feature, I still couldn't quite find the answers to my questions.

Basically I just need someone to explain in detail how it exactly works??

1/.  First off, probably a stupid question, but what's the difference between 'auto-accept send webcam' and 'auto-accept view webcam'??

For instance if I click 'auto-accept send webcam' does that mean if I send a webcam request to a contact, THEY will automatically accept my request and start viewing mine or does it mean if I get sent a webcam request I will start automatically viewing theirs?

2/.  Secondly, do both parties have to have Messenger Plus in order for the auto-accept feature to work?

3/.  Thirdly, my situation - I was on MSN with my friend and I enabled 'auto-accept send webcam requests' and selected my friend from my contact list via 'filter by contacts'. I then sent my webcam to them but they did not accept in the normal way (accept/decline). Therefore, could my contact see me through webcam? Only if they have plus? Only if they have auto-accept feature enabled and filtered on their contact list to me?

Also, if they did automatically accept my sent webcam request, am I right in saying I won't have any knowledge of them seeing me - i.e. I do not get a message back saying 'X has accepted your request to start viewing webcam'? And that when the webcam connects is does not say 'connected' at the bottom of the conversation box like normal?

Sorry for all these questions and it is very specific but if anyone can reply with a decent answer that would be great. The easy way to solve the issue is to set up two computers, both with MSN and test it between two accounts but sadly only one computer here!

Regards, N
05-06-2010 10:59 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Auto-accept 'sent' webcam request - by nicknick1122 on 05-06-2010 at 10:59 AM
RE: Auto-accept 'sent' webcam request - by djdannyp on 05-06-2010 at 11:27 AM
RE: Auto-accept 'sent' webcam request - by CookieRevised on 05-06-2010 at 05:52 PM
RE: Auto-accept 'sent' webcam request - by nicknick1122 on 05-07-2010 at 09:42 AM
RE: Auto-accept 'sent' webcam request - by djdannyp on 05-07-2010 at 09:47 AM
RE: Auto-accept 'sent' webcam request - by CookieRevised on 05-07-2010 at 10:19 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: