What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » [split] Some of my contacts doesn't see me in WLM online, always as offline, because the Yahoo Messenger! makes problem

[split] Some of my contacts doesn't see me in WLM online, always as offline, because the Yahoo Messenger! makes problem
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING
If you don't want to use Yahoo! Messenger then uninstall it:

1) Exit 'Yahoo! Messenger' and all instances of Microsoft Internet Explorer completely.
2) Go to the 'Control Panel' in your Windows Start menu.
3) Click on 'Add/Remove Programs' (XP) or 'Programs and Features' (Vista/7).
4) Find 'Yahoo! Messenger' in the list and click on 'Change/Remove'.
5) Click on 'Next' and 'Finish' in the uninstaller
6) Open Windows Explorer (<WIN>+<E>) and navigate to the 'Yahoo' folder in your Program Files (eg: C:\Program Files\Yahoo) and delete it completely.
7) Open the Registry Editor by running the 'regedit.exe' program and navigate to 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software' registry entry, delete 'Yahoo', and exit the Registry Editor.
8) Restart your computer.

PS: next time please search the forums first. Then, if you don't find a related thread, make a new thread. Please do not post in a thread which has nothing todo with your subject.

This post was edited on 07-26-2010 at 10:33 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-26-2010 10:31 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING - by jociandi on 07-26-2010 at 09:10 AM
RE: [split] Some of my contacts doesn't see me in WLM online, always as offline, because the Yahoo Messenger! makes pro - by jociandi on 07-26-2010 at 11:33 AM
RE: [split] Some of my contacts doesn't see me in WLM online, always as offline, because the Yahoo Messenger! makes pro - by djdannyp on 07-26-2010 at 11:47 AM
RE: [split] Some of my contacts doesn't see me in WLM online, always as offline, because the Yahoo Messenger! makes pro - by jociandi on 07-26-2010 at 12:05 PM
RE: [split] Some of my contacts doesn't see me in WLM online, always as offline, beca - by CookieRevised on 07-26-2010 at 03:08 PM
RE: [split] Some of my contacts doesn't see me in WLM online, always as offline, because the Yahoo Messenger! makes pro - by jociandi on 07-28-2010 at 12:11 PM
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING - by CookieRevised on 07-26-2010 at 10:31 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: