What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Netscape = illness?

Netscape = illness?
Author: Message:
user2319
Disabled Account

RE: RE: Netscape = illness? (have fun cookie :P)
quote:
Originally posted by Guido

quote:
Oh, and I also think that they (and most other software companies) use too many resources, which forces people to buy new computers...
So you are confident that Mr. Bill just says "Hey! Add some nice loop over here so that the users needs 3871597195mb of ram to run Calc.exe!! Cool, isn't it, Ballmer?" :rolleyes:

quote:
Originally posted: here
Bloat

Why is it that Microsoft's products keep mushrooming in size with each new release always requiring significantly more disk space and more processing power than the last time? They might claim it's because of all the new features they add each time, but that's only half the story. The new features and the increased processing requirements are designed to fuel the process of perpetual upgrades. This is Microsoft's way of rubbing Intel's back so that Intel will give Microsoft preferential treatment when it comes out with new chip specs. It's also Microsoft's way of convincing consumers that their newer product versions are better because they are so much bigger. Their new features are often superfluous but users must still deal with the overhead required by the features even though most will never use the features.

and:

quote:
"The Bloatware Debate" is a technical discussion of how two separate people dissected one particular Microsoft program and found out, to their shock, that it was over 2,000% larger than it should have Been. It would appear from this discussion that the cumbersome size of Microsoft programs is due not only to the continually growing clutter of useless features but it is also due to careless programming (perhaps to an even larger degree).

quote:
quote:
Note about Opera: the Opera internet browser is a very good example of how a company can try to inovate instead of complaining like the morons at Netscape did . It just proves my point. (I do not use Opera but I do like it and I recognize that it's a better browser that IE for many reasons).
Yes, it's nice, but they are on mie die-list as well.

it's on your die-list for one bug (though it seems very nasty and annoying!)? maybe it's fixed in the opera 7.5 beta.. I hope so for you :-/

Opera beta-testing forum, with links for Opera 7.5 Preview 2

This post was edited on 02-23-2004 at 07:17 PM by user2319.
02-23-2004 07:15 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: