What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Netscape = illness?

Netscape = illness?
Author: Message:
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
RE: Netscape = illness?
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Many times I say: "Mozilla is more complient to the standard then MSIE". What I mean by this (because that isn't exactly true) is that MSIE has more own stuff added. And many times, this new stuff is their own variant of an existing implementation/standard. The problem with this is that people think that this IS the standard, which totaly isn't...
If you consider that the majority of users use IE, and then consider the definition of the word "standard," well... :^)

Hehe... I'm only kidding. I try to comply with the W3C standards whenever I can... I use Opera myself, so I want my pages to work perfectly in it, and I also want them to work right in IE because that's what most of the visitors will be using. Sticking to the W3C standards is probably the best way to ensure compatibility. However, I've found that even when a page complies to the standards, different browsers can still interpret certain things differently, forcing you to find a dodgy solution or have different code for different browsers... blah.
02-24-2004 05:53 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: