What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Netscape = illness?

Netscape = illness?
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Netscape = illness?
quote:
Originally posted by gigablade77
Yes, but the graphis slow down the load-up, I just liek simple browsers, no loaded down by a lot of crap, with one row for buttons, one for NAV,a nd one for my google bar!
I'm not saying you should change your browser or anything. It's your own choice, and you feel confortable with. But the arguments you use don't hold any ground.

In any standalone browser (yes, Mozzila has his own standalone browser: FireFox. And Netscape also has his standalone browser) you can set the toolbars you wish. And all the standalone browsers are roughly all the same. There is no crap in any browser. It all comes down to user interface and rendering HTML pages. So, if you say that you like the userinterface of your browser more, then I wont argue. But saying that others are crap and bloated doesn't hold any ground. Like I said, all the top-browsers have all the same functions.
examples:
* "g netscape illness" in Opera. You can do that (even without "g") with MSIE, and in Netscape/Mozilla as well.
* Google Toolbars? for every major browser there is a google toolbar...
* Toolbars in general? In every major browser you can enable/disable select/deselect and even create your own...
* Tabbed browsing? In every major browser you can do that except in MSIE (but this will be added soon)

For most browsers and suites you can download a very basic "browser only". It is up to you to download, install more functions, toolbars, plugins, etc.. etc..
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-27-2004 01:13 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: