What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Messenger PowerPlus

Messenger PowerPlus
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Messenger PowerPlus
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
About Messenger Power Plus:
* It is NOT a MSN Messenger. This is also an addon for MSN Messenger that hooks into MSN Messenger, just like Messenger Plus! does.
* "Messenger Power Plus" also skins your MSN Messenger in memory. It does a fine job in hooking.
* "Messenger Power Plus" and Messenger Plus! aren't compatible with eachother.
* Messenger Plus! has far more features then "Messenger Power Plus" for what I can tell
* I strongly doubt that "Messenger Power Plus" is supported by Microsoft. Hence, all the speculations about the fact that Microsoft will only have animated display pictures in "Messenger Power Plus" is totaly false. Microsoft has nothing todo with "Messenger Power Plus".
* "Messenger Power Plus" has his own display pictures. Hence the speculations that animated display pictures in MSN Messenger are possible isn't exactly true. "Messenger Power Plus" uses his own system and I think use (abuse?) the MSN protocol to send his own (animated?) display pictures. The normal Messenger Display pictures are still there...
I did say that Microsoft didn't had anything to do with PowerPlus. I must take my words back on that...
It seems that Microsoft have something todo with it.

The reason why I said that MS had nothing todo with it was that I couldn't found any trace within PowerPlus that it had. And, if you look at the homepage of PowerPlus, you could see clearly the MSN theme. But anybody can fake that, so this wasn't solid proof. Also, I couldn't find any trace of mentioning PowerPlus on any official MSN Messenger related site I've found.

BUT I was wrong... If you visit http://messenger.msn.co.kr/ (which is an official MSN site), you can see that MS does mention PowerPlus there.

Now, this only proofs that PowerPlus is supported by MS.
NOT that it is created by MS! Infact if you look at the actual installed programfiles of PowerPlus, it has no mention of Microsoft anywhere, even not in the trademark-field, which is very strange...

Also, the whole discussion about the Deluxe Animated Displaypictures doesn't change.
The animated DP's in PowerPlus have nothing todo with the default and normal DP's in MSN Messenger and are completely unrelated.

Furthermore, the rumour that Animated display pictures are only going to be integrated in the Korean MSN Messenger (stated on mess.be) is still not correct.
As you can see:
1) PowerPlus is an addon for MSN Messenger (just like Plus!), not a replacement.
2) It is PowerPlus that has animated DP's, not MSN Messenger (there is NOT ANY official report that says that MSN Messenger is going to have them, even not in 6.2, it is all speculation rooted in the fact that people confused PowerPlus with Messenger).
3) Animated display pictures are already in PowerPlus.
4) the animated DP's in PowerPlus are something totaly seperate then the normal default MSN Messenger DP's (you still have them in PowerPlus).

So, The only thing that is changed from the above list in previous post, is that MS does mention PowerPlus on their official MSN Messenger download site, nothing more.

Mirror link to a setup (I think version 1.1.0.216)
http://www.jjim.com/club/board_dir/tb213/upload/2...SetupPowerPlus.exe

Official link to the setup (version 1.2.0.2xx)
http://down.msnplus.co.kr/download/setup/1.2.0.2/SetupPowerPlus.exe

Interesting article about PowerPlus:
http://www.google.com/search?q=ktitplaza+wisepost (click on CACHED version, since the page is down)

This post was edited on 04-08-2004 at 03:11 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-07-2004 06:46 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Messenger PowerPlus - by CookieRevised on 04-07-2004 at 06:46 PM
RE: Messenger PowerPlus - by Menthix on 04-07-2004 at 06:49 PM
RE: Messenger PowerPlus - by CookieRevised on 04-07-2004 at 07:02 PM
RE: Messenger PowerPlus - by CookieRevised on 04-07-2004 at 07:06 PM
RE: Messenger PowerPlus - by Menthix on 04-07-2004 at 07:27 PM
RE: Messenger PowerPlus - by Choli on 04-07-2004 at 09:37 PM
RE: RE: Messenger PowerPlus - by CookieRevised on 04-08-2004 at 03:08 PM