What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » "Sponsor" installed, virus dropped during auto update

"Sponsor" installed, virus dropped during auto update
Author: Message:
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: "Sponsor" installed, virus dropped during auto update
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
So you're completely sure? It's just odd that so many people post about this problem... makes me wonder if there's a really obscure bug... :-/

As I said in another post, I didn't change one character in the setup code for this update. You should be used to all this, it's always the same  thing everytime I enable an auto-update... some people just don't want to admit that they missed the option. You can try the auto-update yourself as much as you want, you will enver have a problem with the sponsor if you select "I refuse".

And once again, I understand that some of you may have installed the sponsor by error. That's exactly why I provide a perfectly working uninstaller. Do NOT use adaware or another program like this, they don't work for a lot of adaware program simply because they delete files without caring about the consequences. No serious program can be uninstalled that way. Just go in Add/Remove Programs and uninstall Messenger Plus!.

And... please..... try to be more honest. If there was really a problem with the setup of Messenger Plus!, this forum would have already died under the complains... I'm updating about 200,000 users every day, and as the welcome page is displayed at the end of the setup, they all know where to find me to complain :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
04-27-2004 02:22 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
"Sponsor" installed, virus dropped during auto update - by tomxp411 on 04-26-2004 at 04:58 PM
RE: "Sponsor" installed, virus dropped during auto update - by KeyStorm on 04-26-2004 at 05:01 PM
RE: "Sponsor" installed, virus dropped during auto update - by Kryptonate on 04-26-2004 at 05:02 PM
RE: "Sponsor" installed, virus dropped during auto update - by KeyStorm on 04-26-2004 at 05:06 PM
RE: "Sponsor" installed, virus dropped during auto update - by Kryptonate on 04-26-2004 at 05:15 PM
RE: "Sponsor" installed, virus dropped during auto update - by Tochjo on 04-26-2004 at 05:47 PM
RE: "Sponsor" installed, virus dropped during auto update - by KeyStorm on 04-26-2004 at 05:52 PM
RE: "Sponsor" installed, virus dropped during auto update - by Patchou on 04-26-2004 at 05:58 PM
RE: "Sponsor" installed, virus dropped during auto update - by Guido on 04-26-2004 at 06:12 PM
RE: "Sponsor" installed, virus dropped during auto update - by WDZ on 04-26-2004 at 06:24 PM
RE: RE: "Sponsor" installed, virus dropped during auto update - by Patchou on 04-27-2004 at 02:22 AM
RE: "Sponsor" installed, virus dropped during auto update - by KeyStorm on 04-26-2004 at 06:30 PM
RE: "Sponsor" installed, virus dropped during auto update - by CookieRevised on 04-26-2004 at 06:56 PM
RE: "Sponsor" installed, virus dropped during auto update - by Smithy123 on 04-26-2004 at 08:06 PM
RE: "Sponsor" installed, virus dropped during auto update - by BooGhost on 04-27-2004 at 01:29 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: