What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Bug when talking to not real user

Bug when talking to not real user
Author: Message:
chris
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Bug when talking to not real user
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
It can.... (in theory, didn't test this out yet)

Sign in with your accounts, enter the log directory that you want in the preferences each time...

So now you have set up an individual log directory for each existing account....

Now sign out and close MSN Messenger completely and kill Plus! (dont know if killing Plus! is realy needed though).

Now...
Go to your registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2. In there you'll see a keyname called DefaultConfiguration, change it's value to Nobody. Close registry and start Plus! and Messenger again. Without signing in, set your preferences like you want them to be for all your friends (so in other words, fill in the log directory that you wanna have for if somebody else has logged in on your PC but doesn't have a preferencesprofile yet)

EDIT: Hmmmm....

It seems that it worked, but only the first time :undecided: ...
The key DefaultConfiguration always changes back to the last logged in user.... Something I didn't expected it to do (it isn't called LastUser... :undecided:)

So this method didn't worked.... sorry...

EDIT: Hmmmm....

It DOES work though. Sorry for not testing this properly.... Plus! will revert to the settings saved under the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\Nobody when it can't find settings for the current user that is logging in.... (well, except for a small bug that is...)
Im not really sure what u were trying to say but i think u were teling me how to get the logs to save to the seperate folders for the people i know who will be signign in. if thats what u were sayin i already got it to do that and the unknow peoples logs just go the the main Chat logs folder
but what i meant was to add the (!NP) tag so it would automaticly create a folder called the signed in users emal and then save the logs to that sub folder from the "My Chat Logs"folder
07-10-2004 07:46 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Bug when talking to not real user - by chris on 07-09-2004 at 11:52 PM
RE: Bug when talking to not real user - by lopardo on 07-10-2004 at 05:23 AM
RE: Bug when talking to not real user - by CookieRevised on 07-10-2004 at 05:39 AM
RE: Bug when talking to not real user - by lopardo on 07-10-2004 at 05:54 AM
RE: Bug when talking to not real user - by CookieRevised on 07-10-2004 at 06:05 AM
RE: Bug when talking to not real user - by lopardo on 07-10-2004 at 06:10 AM
RE: Bug when talking to not real user - by chris on 07-10-2004 at 07:46 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: