What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Help with "COMPLETE" uninstall.

Help with "COMPLETE" uninstall.
Author: Message:
lanceB

O.P. Help with "COMPLETE" uninstall.
:@*takes a deep breath and counts to 10*

yes, i even tried the instructions per the sticky post above and that did not work either

ok i installed this progam cause a friend said it was a neato thing to try. after installing it i noticed that there were about 50 new bookmarks added to my favorties in INetEplorer, also the program removed my google toolbar and replaced it with a different, also i get weird pop-ups(advertisements) after the install, my ad-aware/ad-watch is going crazy trying to keep most of this crap from going on. After running an ad-aware sweep i find that it has also installed 159 pieces of spyware/adware/tracking cookies and god knows what else.

Did i ask for all the browser *cough* enhancements? no i did not. Did i ask for it to install a new search bar in internet explorer? no i did not. netier did i ask for all the extra bookmarks/spyware/adware/trackign cookies and whatever else it installed without my knowledge.

So i  decided to unistall all this crap, but low and behold the program did not uninstall everything it installed. the search bar was not uninstalled so everytime i open internet explorer this program trys to hijack my default home page, i still get pop ups that somehow amazingly by pas google pop-up blocker.

needless to say i am VERY dissatisfied with msgplus.

. I demand to know how to remove all the stuff that was leftover after uninstalling it. i jsut reformated and reinstalled windows only two days ago and would hate to have to go thru it again jsut to get rid of the annoying nuances that this "nifty" program has left over.

contact me however youi wish my email & msn messenger contact information is lballantyne@sbcglobal.net.

please help!!!

edit: oh ya, im Running Windows xp home and windows messenger 4.7. i have all the latest updates and drivers installed for my OS and hardware.

This post was edited on 07-16-2004 at 04:28 AM by lanceB.
07-16-2004 04:15 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Help with "COMPLETE" uninstall. - by lanceB on 07-16-2004 at 04:15 AM
RE: Help with "COMPLETE" uninstall. - by matty on 07-16-2004 at 04:33 AM
RE: Help with "COMPLETE" uninstall. - by lanceB on 07-16-2004 at 04:36 AM
RE: Help with "COMPLETE" uninstall. - by matty on 07-16-2004 at 04:42 AM
RE: Help with "COMPLETE" uninstall. - by lanceB on 07-16-2004 at 07:32 PM
RE: Help with "COMPLETE" uninstall. - by Tochjo on 07-16-2004 at 07:55 PM
RE: Help with "COMPLETE" uninstall. - by Anubis on 07-16-2004 at 07:55 PM
RE: Help with "COMPLETE" uninstall. - by lanceB on 07-16-2004 at 08:26 PM
RE: Help with "COMPLETE" uninstall. - by saralk on 07-16-2004 at 08:50 PM
RE: Help with "COMPLETE" uninstall. - by Millenium_edition on 07-16-2004 at 08:51 PM
RE: Help with "COMPLETE" uninstall. - by sasquatch on 07-16-2004 at 10:07 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: