What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Features suggestion

Features suggestion
Author: Message:
z_rudy

– / Male / –
O.P. Features suggestion
There are some features I'd really really like to see in Messenger Plus.

They are:

1. Text-to-speech. I know this is already available as a plugin. But the plugin only reads out that text if its own command was used. I'd like to see that builtin if possible.

2. Speech recognition: using the Speech API 6 thats available with Office 2003 if its installed on the PC. I guess its not hard to implement this (or is it?)

3. Mail system. That's not so important, but it would be nice if we were able to give an SMTP server to Plus and then we'll be able to check out mail within Messenger Plus and send emails too.

4a. Smarter logging system. In this way, Messenger Plus would create a separate folder for each Passport account used on the computer without requiring the user to manually change the location of his/her chat logs. In this way, chat logs of different email addresses with the same destination won't be merged in the same file.

4b. RTF/DOC logging. That is colored logging, or just any way that would make it easier for the person to read the chat logs.

4c.  The ability to view the archived logs from within Messenger without having to open Windows Explorer and navigate to that folder.

4d. The ability to search within encrypted log files. There's a software called Log Viewer or something like that, but it still even doesn't have this feature. If I wanna search for "birthday" inside my logs, I can easily use the builtin Search within Windows. However, if the chat logs were encrypted, this would be impossible unless I decrypt each and every one manually.

5. IMAP support and not just POP3.

6. Hiding Messenger Plus!'s popup toasts when Messenger is in Boss-protect mode. For example, I still get popups telling me who has signed out even when I'm "hiding" my Messenger.
07-17-2004 01:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Features suggestion - by z_rudy on 07-17-2004 at 01:14 PM
RE: Features suggestion - by Anubis on 07-17-2004 at 01:37 PM
RE: Features suggestion - by Pyroteq on 07-17-2004 at 02:04 PM
RE: Features suggestion - by Anubis on 07-17-2004 at 02:08 PM
RE: Features suggestion - by z_rudy on 07-17-2004 at 02:47 PM
RE: Features suggestion - by brovazz1 on 07-18-2004 at 01:33 PM
RE: Features suggestion - by Millenium_edition on 07-18-2004 at 01:50 PM
RE: Features suggestion - by brovazz1 on 07-18-2004 at 02:09 PM