What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Song-To-Avatar

Song-To-Avatar
Author: Message:
PsychoMark

40 / – / –
RE: RE: Song-To-Avatar
quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
I remember that WMPlus 3 had this feature

* Fukafly Pokes Physcomark

LOL, sorry :D

Income's not a problem anymore, but as usual I got way too many things on my mind to work on WMPlus 3, and that's in the few hours time I got left in the evening... guess I'm too late now for a first in the media player -> DP field :).

The DP thing in WMPlus 3 does technically work btw, it's just the big layer around it to make it respond to song changes, have an interface to control it, include all the logic for restoring it etc. But as a hint to Ash or whoever continues this; don't bother trying to decrypt and re-encrypt the map.dat file... got the decrypting working, but re-encrypting makes Messenger clear out it's DP list, and even though there should be some solutions there's a much easier way:

First, copy the map.dat in the Documents and Settings folder where Messenger keeps it (and I believe there's an index as well? it's been a while since I touched that code so forgive me any minor errors :)). Then use the property thing to set the DP. After setting it, read it in again and you'll find that the filename you put into it is now changed to the actual location of the DP file created by Messenger. Restore all the files you copied before, and next time you change the DP remove the DP file created by Messenger too... what happens is that Messenger will not immediately realise the files have been restored, so it continues to display the newly set DP. When the user opens the DP dialog however, the old list is loaded and the song-DP is nowhere to be found...

Hope that helped, or even made sense... and I definitely hope I can work on WMPlus 3 some more to get it finally released :)
08-25-2004 09:55 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Song-To-Avatar - by Ash_ on 08-24-2004 at 11:20 AM
RE: Song-To-Avatar - by -dt- on 08-24-2004 at 11:21 AM
RE: Song-To-Avatar - by user27089 on 08-24-2004 at 11:29 AM
RE: Song-To-Avatar - by Yousef on 08-24-2004 at 11:29 AM
RE: Song-To-Avatar - by user27089 on 08-24-2004 at 11:31 AM
RE: Song-To-Avatar - by aNILEator on 08-24-2004 at 11:36 AM
RE: RE: Song-To-Avatar - by PsychoMark on 08-25-2004 at 09:55 AM
RE: Song-To-Avatar - by Ash_ on 08-24-2004 at 11:43 AM