What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » My friend can hear my sounds and see my colored nick , why ?

My friend can hear my sounds and see my colored nick , why ?
Author: Message:
Shaggie

– / Male / Flag
RE: My friend can hear my sounds and see my colored nick , why ?
The problem is that if the receiving party does not have Plus!, then they have nothing that can interpret the commands that your Plus! is sending to them.

Plus! is basically a command generator and interpretor.  It transforms the commands that you send into text codes, and then allows the message to continue on to the other person.
If the receiver does not have Plus! then they just see the text codes.  If they do have Plus!, then their Plus! will interpret the text codes and perform the appropriate actions; whether that is to change the colour or style of the text or too play a sound file.

I hope that helps to clear up your confusion about this.

This post was edited on 09-09-2004 at 11:10 PM by Shaggie.
09-09-2004 11:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
My friend can hear my sounds and see my colored nick , why ? - by almirf on 09-01-2004 at 01:11 PM
RE: My friend can hear my sounds and see my colored nick , why ? - by Fraisie on 09-01-2004 at 01:21 PM
RE: RE: My friend can hear my sounds and see my colored nick , why ? - by almirf on 09-01-2004 at 01:36 PM
RE: My friend can hear my sounds and see my colored nick , why ? - by Millenium_edition on 09-01-2004 at 01:44 PM
RE: My friend can hear my sounds and see my colored nick , why ? - by bach_m on 09-01-2004 at 01:44 PM
RE: My friend can hear my sounds and see my colored nick , why ? - by Patchou on 09-01-2004 at 08:13 PM
RE: My friend can hear my sounds and see my colored nick , why ? - by Shaggie on 09-09-2004 at 11:09 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: