What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [Suggestion] Seeing the Status Tags

[Suggestion] Seeing the Status Tags
Author: Message:
John

www.johnjoosten.net

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. [Suggestion] Seeing the Status Tags
Hey Patchou, here's another suggestion :).

While looking at the contact list when you want to see who's Away or Be Right Back or any of the statuses, if their name is too long then the only thing you see that tells you that they have an away status, is the little icon infront of their name and you can't see what their actual status is unless you widen the contact list.. I find this quite annoying and don't see why microsoft made it like this. Here's an example of what I mean:

[Image: msnaway3.gif]

You can't see if that contact's status is Away, Be Right Back, Out To Lunch or any personal status that they might have, because their name is too long.

If it's possible Patchou, I think it would be a great idea to have the status tags appear like this:

[Image: msnaway4.gif]

I'm sure you can see what I mean and why it would be handy. Instead of putting the status tag all the way at the end of the name where you can't see it if your contact list is too narrow, it should put the status tag against the right side of the contact list shortening the name while doing so, making it a lot easier to see the contact's actual status without widening the contact list. :)
[Image: johnsig02.png]
11-23-2004 11:09 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
[Suggestion] Seeing the Status Tags - by John on 11-23-2004 at 11:09 AM
RE: [Suggestion] Seeing the Status Tags - by user27089 on 11-23-2004 at 11:10 AM
RE: RE: [Suggestion] Seeing the Status Tags - by John on 11-23-2004 at 11:14 AM
RE: [Suggestion] Seeing the Status Tags - by user27089 on 11-23-2004 at 11:16 AM
RE: [Suggestion] Seeing the Status Tags - by John on 11-23-2004 at 11:30 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: