What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » The Lad Vampire!! (Donate your idle bandwidth for a good cause)

The Lad Vampire!! (Donate your idle bandwidth for a good cause)
Author: Message:
ZrednaZ

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. Grin  The Lad Vampire!! (Donate your idle bandwidth for a good cause)
Hey :)

Recently there was a discussion here concerning the World Community Grid, where you donate your idle CPU time to assist in cancer research. I just thought I'd go ahead and show you guys something similar, only this time your bandwidth is put to use.

Behold: (6) The Lad Vampire! (6)

So what's this flashy picture page all about? Well, by viewing this webpage, you're basically stealing bandwidth from Nigerian fraudulents (most of them are Nigerian, anyway) who are running these so called fake banks and lotteries in order to steal money from innocent users. The Lad Vampire makes your browser continuously download pictures off these sites in an effort to overload their servers. Check out www.aa419.org for more information.

Be aware of the fact that this will consume all of your bandwidth (no low-priority download feature :(), so you'll mostly just want to run the Vampire when you're afk. I've currently downloaded about 80,000 pictures since opening the page today, and it hasn't even been running for all that long. :)

//Zred

This post was edited on 12-18-2004 at 10:42 PM by ZrednaZ.
No, I didn't search before
posting. Don't bother asking.
12-18-2004 09:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
The Lad Vampire!! (Donate your idle bandwidth for a good cause) - by ZrednaZ on 12-18-2004 at 09:23 PM
RE: Donate your idle bandwidth for a good cause - by Jhrono on 12-18-2004 at 10:10 PM
RE: The Lad Vampire!! (Donate your idle bandwidth for a good cause) - by FrozernFire on 12-19-2004 at 01:50 AM
RE: The Lad Vampire!! (Donate your idle bandwidth for a good cause) - by andrey on 12-19-2004 at 02:40 AM
RE: The Lad Vampire!! (Donate your idle bandwidth for a good cause) - by gnownoskcid on 12-19-2004 at 02:59 AM
RE: The Lad Vampire!! (Donate your idle bandwidth for a good cause) - by -dt- on 12-19-2004 at 07:04 AM
RE: The Lad Vampire!! (Donate your idle bandwidth for a good cause) - by leito on 12-19-2004 at 07:31 AM
RE: The Lad Vampire!! (Donate your idle bandwidth for a good cause) - by FrozernFire on 12-19-2004 at 07:37 AM
RE: The Lad Vampire!! (Donate your idle bandwidth for a good cause) - by CookieRevised on 12-19-2004 at 07:53 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: